This dairy free pumpkin protein shake is loaded up with healthy fats, delicious spices, plenty of protein, and fiber to keep you feeling satiated for a long time. It’s perfect to drink all year long, and it’s also refined sugar free, paleo, and can be made vegan.
What makes this pumpkin protein shake the best?
- It is naturally sweetened with frozen bananas, which also makes it super creamy!
- It’s perfect for breakfast, as a snack or as dessert. It’s a triple threat.
- If you stock up on canned pumpkin, you will enjoy this beverage year round.
- You can add extra protein to it by using collagen peptides.
- The recipe is versatile and forgiving… feel free to use your favorite non-dairy nut milk or yogurt. You can also use your favorite creamy nut butter.
What ingredients go inside this pumpkin smoothie?
- Non-dairy milk (I prefer to use an unsweetened almond milk)
- Non-dairy yogurt (I use an unsweetened coconut yogurt)
- Frozen bananas
- Creamy cashew butter (almond will also work)
- Canned pumpkin
- Chia seeds
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Pure vanilla extract
Here’s the deal. You can sweeten this smoothie if you’d like. I like to have it for breakfast, so I keep the ingredients as is.
If you’d like to sweeten it further, simply add 1-2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup.
You can also add extra protein by adding 3 scoops of collagen peptides to the blender. Since this recipe is for (2) servings, this will add an additional 13+ grams of protein per serving.
I know that not everyone loves pumpkin like I do, but I feel whole heartedly responsible to turn over the nay-sayers.
Why? It’s only available a few months out of the year, and it is so dang versatile!
I can throw in some pumpkin pie spice to kick things up a notch in my morning coffee, I can add canned pumpkin into my stews and soups, stuff them with ground meat and vegetables, etc.
This is aside from the fact that pumpkin-flavored desserts are #1 in my book.
They surpass chocolate because I come by them less often, so it’s like a whole new world when pumpkin season comes around.
How to make a pumpkin protein shake
Combine everything together in the pitcher of a high-speed blender.
Blend on high until smooth and creamy throughout.
Top off with your favorite toppings like chopped pecans, coconut sugar, extra cinnamon, etc.
Sip away. Enjoy it! 🙂
My inspiration for this “shake came from a daydream I have been having since last December.
A day dream accompanied by drool and lots of lip-licking.
But seriously, this shake is just so wonderful. It’s such a perfect breakfast, and it’ll hold you over for several hours until your next meal, that’s for sure.
Is this pumpkin protein shake nutritious?
The addition of collagen gives this shake the perfect consistency.
You will want to keep chugging down more and more knowing that it’s full of essential vitamins (Vitamin A from the pumpkin) and amino acids.
The addition of chia seeds gives it a boost of fiber, which is always a big plus.
Not to mention the healthy saturated fats you will be getting from the coconut milk! 🙂
Oh, and if you are looking for one that is more dessert-like, could this Vegan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie look any more tantalizing and delicious??
More healthy pumpkin recipes like this:
- 2 frozen bananas separated into chunks, for easier blending
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup dairy free yogurt unsweetened, see notes
- 2 tablespoons creamy cashew butter or almond butter
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds or hemp seeds
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt or pink salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons pure maple syrup optional, see notes
- 3 scoops collagen peptides optional, see notes
- Combine everything together in the pitcher of a high-speed blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy throughout.
- Top off with your favorite toppings like chopped pecans, coconut sugar, extra cinnamon, etc.
Hi! I’m Monica – recipe developer, matcha addict and lover of all things chocolate, kombucha and any & all puns. I am also the blogger, real food lover, & bonafide hustler behind the blog ‘The Movement Menu.’ I’m so excited to welcome you to my happy space, where my appreciation of creative recipes and healthy & mindful eats come together to inspire you to live a healthy, balanced life.