Here is how to make the best frozen kiwi cocktail. It is reminiscent of a tequila kiwi smash and a frozen mojito. It's extremely refreshing, well balanced, and absolutely delicious!
This frozen kiwi cocktail has been stuck on repeat in our kitchen all summer long.
I've been making it both fresh and frozen, and I'll be sure to post a recipe for how I make that one shortly.
You are going to fall in love with this cocktail just like I have once you make it, watch and see! 🙂
Why you’ll love this recipe
It's simple and straight forward but so well balanced and full of flavor.
Kiwis are one of my favorite fruits, period. They are so versatile, and I love the variance in tart to sweet you can get in one batch.
I love that you can throw everything into a blender pitcher and just put it on.
There's not a lot of steps, and that is something I love when making a cocktail at home.
What goes best with kiwi?
A lot of things, but I can tell you the
kiwi-honey-lemon-mint combination is one for the books!
I also love pairing this drink with fresh summer recipes such as:
Keto Taco Salad with Ground Beef
Watermelon Basil Salad with Feta
What are the ingredients for this kiwi cocktail?
I'm so glad kiwis are available year round for the most part because I never want to stop making this drink.
Here is what you will need:
- Tequila: Definitely use a tequila Blanco (aka silver tequila.) Anything aged for a long time will be too overpowering for this drink.
- Kiwi: You will need (2) fresh kiwis for this recipe; just be sure to peel them completely.
- Honey: In place of honey, feel free to use agave nectar.
- Lemon: Definitely use fresh lemons because anything that is preserved or bottled will give off a funky after taste.
- Mint: Use fresh mint. You can garnish with extra mint if you'd like, too.
- Ice: You will need a few cups of ice to make this frosty cocktail. If you have a blender that's a bit trickier, you can crush the ice first to make it easier.
How to make this recipe
Add all of the ingredients into a blender pitcher.
Blend on high, pushing down the sides as necessary, until smooth and creamy throughout.
Pour into a glass and garnish with fresh kiwi. Enjoy right away.
Recipe Substitutions and Tips
I think the combination of ingredients is completely perfect, and I don't recommend really making any substitutions.
The combination of the honey, mint, and lemon are absolutely fantastic paired with the fresh kiwi fruit in this cocktail.
However, you can feel free to use agave nectar in place of honey.
I highly recommend drinking this right away, as it will begin to separate if you wait too long. Feel free to use a straw to stir it up a bit and drink it down faster! 😉
More cocktails you will love:
Frozen Palomas with Watermelon
The Best Frozen Coconut Margaritas
The Best Frozen Kiwi Cocktail
- 1 1/2 cups ice
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila Blanco see notes
- 2 kiwis peeled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey or agave
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 6 mint leaves
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender pitcher.
- Blend on high, pushing down the sides as necessary, until smooth and creamy throughout.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with fresh kiwi. Enjoy right away.
- Use tequila Blanco (silver tequila) in this cocktail and nothing aged so it doesn't overpower the delicate fruit flavors.
- Be sure to drink this cocktail right away. It's nice with a straw so you can stir frequently and keep it from separating too much.
Hi! I’m Monica – recipe developer, matcha addict and lover of all things chocolate, kombucha and any & all puns. I am also the blogger, real food lover, & bonafide hustler behind the blog ‘The Movement Menu.’ I’m so excited to welcome you to my happy space, where my appreciation of creative recipes and healthy & mindful eats come together to inspire you to live a healthy, balanced life.
Leave a Reply