This super decadent and moist double chocolate zucchini bread is the perfect breakfast, dessert or on-the-go snack for you. It’s super rich and luscious but is secretly healthy. Gluten free, refined sugar free and completely paleo. Your whole family will love it!
Just wanted to let you know this paleo chocolate zucchini bread recipe is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill.
A double chocolate zucchini bread for the whole family!
Wait, what? HOLY ZUCCHINI! This stuff is phenomenal.
If you are looking to incorporate some green vegetables into your dessert and breakfast, look no further.
Seriously, why didn’t I think to mix vegetables with chocolate earlier on? This bread is the perfect go-to breakfast treat.
Zucchini bread always seems to either become too dry or too wet when I have made it in the past. Adding the cocoa powder and coconut oil gives it the perfect texture.
Oh, and you can easily freeze a loaf for later!
If you are running out the door and heading to work or really anywhere, slice yourself a piece and throw it in the toaster. You can top it off with some warm butta or just take it as is.
Toasted or not, this double chocolate zucchini bread is the bee’s knees.
I prefer using a mixture of raw cashews and almond flour in many of my breads and loaves. The reason is that raw cashews lend a buttery texture and flavor that almond flour cannot accomplish on its own.
Sure, you can substitute the cup of cashews for another cup of almond flour if you *must* though! 😉
More like this:
Are you peeping the inside of this moist deliciousness?! The texture is seriously out of this world.
I brought over the entire loaf (minus two pieces) to my neighbor’s daughter’s 4th birthday party.
Her sister-in-law was hounding me to write down the recipe for her.
Even Tim said that he was into this chocolate zucchini bread. The man does NOT like breads.
It doesn’t matter how delicious I make them, he is usually not impressed. However, I did so happen to change his mind with paleo chocolate zucchini bread.
Go me! The man can be hard to please. Just kidding.
Well, what are you waiting for?! This paleo double chocolate zucchini bread would make the perfect treat for your next family get together or holiday party.
It’s so darn moist without turning mushy, and I think that’s truly one of the best parts.
The other best part? You don’t need to worry about getting the moisture out of the shredded zucchini. The recipe accounts for it and turns out so darn delicious.
Well hey, if you are trying to impress *anyone*, I recommend giving this recipe a whirl.
Your entire family will eat it up, especially if you have kids!
I can’t wait for paleo double chocolate zucchini bread to become a baking staple in your kitchen.
I’d love to hear what you think if you do make it… don’t be shy, okay? 🙂
This post is sponsored by the lovely folks at Bob’s Red Mill. Thank you for allowing me to continue creating such incredible content by supporting relationships with incredible brands and companies that The Movement Menu enjoys working with! Opinions will always remain 100% my own!
Double Chocolate Zucchini BreadThis super decadent and moist double chocolate zucchini bread is the perfect breakfast, dessert or on-the-go snack for you. It's super rich and luscious but is secretly healthy. Gluten free, refined sugar free and completely paleo. Your whole family will love it!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips split in two *OPTIONAL*
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
You do not need to add chocolate chips to this recipe. It will simply make it taste extra chocolate-y! Feel free to only add them inside or on top if you do not want to do both. You can omit them completely if you'd like, too.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Line a 9x5" or 8x4" loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse raw cashews, almond flour and cacao powder until well combined. Add sea salt and baking soda. Pulse a few times.
- Pulse in maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract and eggs. Combine until smooth throughout. Add the zucchini and pulse just a few times. Stir in half of the dark chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to the parchment-lined loaf pan. Tap hard on the counter a few times to release all of the air bubbles. Top off with the rest of the chocolate chips. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let sit and cool off for about 30 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve right away!