The *absolute best* gluten free vegan blueberry muffins right here! These muffins are filled with a very special, not so secret ingredient: chia seeds. They make for some wonderful texture and a boost of fiber. High fives!
Just wanted to let you know that these fabulous blueberry muffins are sponsored by my friends at One Degree Organics!
When vegan blueberry muffins taste better than the “real thing”
I’m so excited to be teaming up with One Degree Organics again on this wonderful recipe. I’ve been wanting to experiment with alternative gluten free baking flours, and I absolutely love the texture this organic sprouted rice flour creates.
It doesn’t taste anything like a gluten free & vegan muffin usually does. In fact, I can imagine myself bringing these over to my relatives and completely fooling them into thinking I picked them up at a local bakery instead! ????
I just love playing tricks & games.
I got this from my husband. Oops. Damnit, Tim!
One bowl vegan blueberry muffins for the win!
One of the best parts of making delicious recipes is… wait for it…
EASY CLEAN UP? Am I wrong? There’s nothing better than taking just a minute to do dishes after spending time preparing a new and exciting recipe!
That is exactly the case with these gluten free vegan blueberry muffins.
You grab one big bowl. Throw in your wet ingredients. Later come the dry with a little whisking action. Boom, boom, WHABAM!
More paleo recipes like this:
Can you believe that?!! They really do make for a wonderful breakfast addition because of this!
I experimented a lot with different ratios but the unsweetened applesauce in the recipe helped out a ton. These is a specific texture that is unique to the gluten free vegan blueberry muffins, and it is flipping awesome!
Don’t get me wrong. I do not think there is anything wrong with sweetened desserts; I just don’t think muffins are something that should be sweet. But hey, that’s just my opinion ????
If you’re gearing for something lightly sweet and righteously delicious to add to your breakfast game or have available to snack on come 2am, I’ve got you!
Add these gluten free vegan blueberry muffins to your list, and report back. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed!
This post is sponsored by the lovely folks at One Degree Organics. Thank you for allowing me to continue creating such incredible content by supporting relationships with incredible brands and companies that The Movement Menu enjoys working with! Opinions will always remain 100% my own!
Best Gluten Free Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce or 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut or nut milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic sprouted brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour blanched
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups blueberries save 1/3 cup for sprinkling on top
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Line a cupcake or small muffin tin with 10 parchment liners. Very lightly coat or spray with extra coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Sift in the dry ingredients except for the chia seeds. Stir softly until everything has been well incorporated, but do not over mix!
- Fold in the blueberries and chia seeds.
- Fill each parchment liner about 3/4 full. Don't worry too much about it going too high. The muffins won't rise too high. The batter should divide evenly among 10 liners.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Store them at room temperature for up to 5 days!
Hi! I’m Monica – recipe developer, matcha addict and lover of all things chocolate, kombucha and any & all puns. I am also the blogger, real food lover, & bonafide hustler behind the blog ‘The Movement Menu.’ I’m so excited to welcome you to my happy space, where my appreciation of creative recipes and healthy & mindful eats come together to inspire you to live a healthy, balanced life.