This keto egg roll in a bowl paired with a creamy sauce is an incredibly easy, quick and flavorful Whole30 lunch or dinner. This one bowl meal is packed full with protein and is low in carbs. The perfect addition to any meal plan!
Keto egg roll in a bowl
Why This Recipe
It shouldn’t be too much of a surprise that I’ve come out with my take on a Whole30 version of an egg roll in a bowl recipe.
Sure, there are quite a few out there, but I’ve got the one that’s going to knock your socks off… just wait and try!
As of late, I’ve really been very into one pot meals.
I mean, who doesn't want to spend less time cleaning up and more time enjoying your meal instead?
Creamy, tangy & spicy mayo sauce you'll want to put on everything!
The sauce is seriously to die for. The first time I made egg roll in a bowl, the recipe was way different.
I decided to go a different direction with the sauce, simply because I thought the last sauce I created was too overpowering.
This one pairs with the flavors of the dish so perfectly and really compliment the lovely sesame, ginger, and garlic notes.
For the creamiest mash, be sure to use as many florets as possible, and not the stems. The florets get a lot creamier.
The perfect quick & easy 30 minute meal
I love how quickly this dish comes together.
You can serve it alongside some rice if you'd like. If I'm not doing a Whole30 or needing to keep it low carb, that's my favorite way to have it.
If you'd like to keep it low carb, I'd definitely recommend pairing it with:
- Roasted or steamed green beans
- Roasted broccoli or cauliflower
- Spiralized vegetable noodles like zucchini or sweet potato
- Fresh arugula or spring mix underneath
How to make keto egg roll in a bowl
Heat up a large wok or skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes.
Add oils and let those heat through for another minute.
Add onions and carrots. Let cook for about 2 minutes, stirring once. Add in the coleslaw / cabbage mix and cook over medium heat until tender, stirring occasionally. This will take another 7-8 minutes.
Add in garlic cloves and salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 1 minute, giving everything a nice stir to ensure the garlic does not burn.
Add in ginger, coconut aminos, and rice vinegar. Cook for 1 more minute. Add in ground pork, and break into pieces with a meat mincer or wooden spoon.
Cook over medium heat until no longer pink, about 5-7 more minutes.
Stir in green onions, and cook for 2 more minutes. Taste for additional salt and pepper.
Serve warm with extra sliced green onions and drizzle with sauce. Enjoy!
This egg roll in a bowl is the ultimate lunch or dinner recipe and the perfect quick & easy addition to your Whole30 meal plan.
It tastes absolutely delicious reheated so feel free to pack it up and bring it in with you to work.
Let it be known though: your coworkers are going to be jealous.
You can let them have a taste, but I wouldn’t. I’m not a sharer… by choice.
Perfect for meal prep = this egg roll in a bowl recipe
This keto egg roll in a bowl isn’t just a one pot recipe, it just so happens to be a one bowl hit & quit.
Sounds dirty, huh? It isn’t. What does it actually mean? I served up a serving of this dish to my husband the other night, and he has a BIG freaking appetite folks. Trust you me.
He was all: “Wow. I don’t feel like I need any sides or anything after that. That was awesome!”
Are you loving the fact that this is a one pan meal? This is the perfect recipe in order to save time in the kitchen and spend more time enjoying it in your belly. Yep, yep!
More easy keto recipes you'll love:
Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 1/2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 6 cups coleslaw mix packed, see notes
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt plus more, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper plus more, to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced ginger see notes
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 pound organic ground pork or chicken
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions plus more, for garnish
Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Heat up a large wok or skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add oils and let those heat through for another minute.
- Add onions and carrots. Let cook for about 2 minutes, stirring once. Add in the coleslaw / cabbage mix and cook over medium heat until tender, stirring occasionally. This will take another 7-8 minutes.
- Add in garlic cloves and salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 1 minute, giving everything a nice stir to ensure the garlic does not burn.
- Add in ginger, coconut aminos, and rice vinegar. Cook for 1 more minute. Add in ground pork, and break into pieces with a meat mincer or wooden spoon. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink, about 5-7 more minutes.
- Stir in green onions, and cook for 2 more minutes. Taste for additional salt and pepper.
- Serve warm with extra sliced green onions and drizzle with sauce. Enjoy!
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a small bowl until smooth throughout. Taste for additional hot sauce and acid.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- It will keep for about 1 week in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Store separately from egg roll in a bowl.
- You can use (1) fresh cabbage or use a coleslaw mix (green cabbage, red cabbage, and carrot.) Just make sure you have about 6 cups total!
- I like to buy already minced ginger. It comes in a small glass jar and makes prep much easier. Just look in the Asian food section of your grocery store.
- You can use your favorite hot sauce in this recipe. I love Frank's Red Hot and Sriracha. Use 2-3 tablespoons, depending on spice preference.
- Start with juicing 1/2 of a lime. Taste it, and you can add the other half if you'd like more acid.
Hi! I’m Monica – recipe developer, matcha addict and lover of all things chocolate, kombucha and any & all puns. I am also the blogger, real food lover, & bonafide hustler behind the blog ‘The Movement Menu.’ I’m so excited to welcome you to my happy space, where my appreciation of creative recipes and healthy & mindful eats come together to inspire you to live a healthy, balanced life.