Last updated on May 11th, 2018
This paleo egg roll in a bowl paired with a creamy sauce is an incredibly easy, quick and flavorful Whole30 dinner. This one bowl meal is packed full with protein and is low in carbs. The perfect addition to any Whole30 meal plan!
Egg roll in a bowl? I’ve got something delicious for you!
It shouldn’t be too much of a surprise that I’ve come out with my take on a Whole30 version of an egg roll in a bowl recipe. Sure, there are quite a few out there, but I’ve got the one that’s going to knock your socks off… just wait and try!
As of late, I’ve really been into one pot meals. It’s Summer, and I want to spend as little time over the stove in the kitchen… as possible!
The less time I spend in the kitchen, the more time I get to spend at the beach, with family and friends or seeking out a new and beautiful hike… that sounds pretty darn good, no?
Crazy plant lady becomes obsessed with egg roll in a bowl… 3, 2, 1… ACTION!
You guys. YOU GUYS. I’ve been on a complete house plant kick this Summer. Once I figured out how many house plants actually thrive in medium to low light conditions, I started stocking up.
If I’m having a stressful shoot, I take a break and run to Armstrong or the local nursery. There’s no better self medication than that from a green leafed lovely. I’m such a dork…
Should we get back to this fabulous paleo egg roll in a bowl recipe? Yeah, you’re probably ready for it.
It tastes absolutely delicious reheated so feel free to pack it up and bring it in with you to work. Let it be known though: your coworkers are going to be jealous.
You can let them have a taste, but I wouldn’t. I’m not a sharer… by choice.
Perfect for meal prep = this egg roll in a bowl recipe
This paleo egg roll in a bowl isn’t just a one pot recipe, it just so happens to be a one bowl hit & quit.
Sounds dirty, huh? It isn’t. What does it actually mean? I served up a serving of this dish to my husband the other night, and he has a BIG freaking appetite folks. Trust you me.
He was all: “Wow. I don’t feel like I need any sides or anything after that. That was awesome!”
Paleo Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 large yellow onions thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups carrots chopped
- 2 heads of cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ginger minced
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 pounds organic ground chicken or pork
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large wok or skillet, heat up the oils for a few minutes over medium heat.
- Add the onions, carrots and cabbage. Cook until tender, stirring often for about 12-15 minutes. You'll want everything to be soft and cooked through.
- Add the ginger, garlic, coconut aminos and rice vinegar. Continue stirring and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add in the ground meat and lightly season with salt and black pepper. Break up the meat into small piece with a wooden spoon. Continue stirring until the meat has cooked through. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with some extra coconut aminos as sauce or use the sauce recipe in this recipe... it's up to you!
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high speed blender. See the notes and read about the water measurements. This will keep in an airtight container for up to one week in the refrigerator!
You may need to add a little bit more water depending on the thickness of your cashew butter. Add more or less to get the sauce to the consistency you would like.
|Monica Stevens Le|
Hi! I’m Monica – recipe developer, matcha addict and lover of all things chocolate, kombucha and any & all puns. I am also the blogger, real food lover, & bonafide hustler behind the blog ‘The Movement Menu.’ I’m so excited to welcome you to my happy space, where my appreciation of creative recipes and healthy & mindful eats come together to inspire you to live a healthy, balanced life.