Best Gluten Free Vegan Blueberry Muffins
Best, gluten free, vegan blueberry muffins right here! These blueberry muffins are filled with a very special, not so secret ingredient: chia seeds. They make for some wonderful texture and a boost of fiber. High fives!
I’m so excited to be teaming up with One Degree Organics again on this wonderful recipe. I’ve been wanting to experiment with alternative gluten free baking flours, and I absolutely love the texture this organic sprouted rice flour creates.
It doesn’t taste anything like a gluten free & vegan muffin usually does. In fact, I can imagine myself bringing these over to my relatives and completely fooling them into thinking I picked them up at a local bakery instead! 😉
I just love playing tricks & games.
I got this from my husband. Oops. Damnit, Tim!
ONE BOWL = NO FUSS
One of the best parts of making delicious recipes is… wait for it…
EASY CLEAN UP?
Am I wrong?
There’s nothing better than taking just a minute to do dishes after spending time preparing a new and exciting recipe!
That is exactly the case with these Gluten-Free Vegan Blueberry Muffins.
You grab one big bowl. Throw in your wet ingredients. Later come the dry with a little whisking action. Boom, boom, WHABAM!
Another wonderful thing about these Gluten Free Vegan Blueberry Muffins is the fact they only have 9 grams of sugar each!
Can you believe that?
They really do make for a wonderful breakfast addition because of this!
I experimented a lot with different ratios but the unsweetened applesauce in the recipe helped out a ton.
Don’t get me wrong. I do not think there is anything wrong with sweetened desserts; I just don’t think muffins are something that should be sweet. But hey, that’s just my opinion 🙂
A CHANGE IS COMING
There is something I’ve been heavily considering over the past several months and that is…
I’ve been setting up some dates & times to meet with some pretty incredible photographers to shoot some content to share with you. I’m talking about some photos that include me in them! Can you believe it?
Normally, I hate being in front of a camera. And as silly as this sounds, just hear me out.
I cut my hair about 12 inches a few days back, and it has given me a newfound confidence. I’m gearing up and eager to get in front of a camera now. How insane!
So, that’s what I’ll be doing soon. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled. I can’t wait to share what I’ve been working on!
If you’re gearing for something lightly sweet and righteously delicious to add to your breakfast game or have available to snack on come 2am, I’ve got you! Add these Gluten Free Vegan Blueberry Muffins to your list, and report back. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed!
Thank you for allowing me to continue creating incredible content supporting relationships with incredible brands that The Movement Menu enjoys working with! Opinions will always remain 100% my own!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce or 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut or nut milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic sprouted brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour blanched
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups blueberries save 1/3 cup for sprinkling on top
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Line a cupcake or small muffin tin with 10 parchment liners. Very lightly coat or spray with extra coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Sift in the dry ingredients except for the chia seeds. Stir softly until everything has been well incorporated, but do not over mix!
- Fold in the blueberries and chia seeds.
- Fill each parchment liner about 3/4 full. Don't worry too much about it going too high. The muffins won't rise too high. The batter should divide evenly among 10 liners.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Best Vegan Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
Amount Per Serving
Calories 268 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14g 22%
Saturated Fat 6g 30%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.4g
Sodium 4mg 0%
Potassium 24mg 1%
Total Carbohydrates 33g 11%
Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
Protein 6g 12%
Vitamin C 6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.