What if I told you that you could get incredible nourishment from a green smoothie after your workout?! And what if, that smoothie was equally delicious and nutritious? Well, that's exactly what I have for you today.
This green smoothie is loaded up with all kinds of nutrients... but what are those nutrients good for?:
Dark and leafy greens
- An excellent source of vitamins A, C & K
- Supplies folate and potassium
- Great source of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds, which is ideal for muscle recovery
- High in Omega-3 fatty acids
- Deliver a massive amount of nutrients, i.e. fiber, protein, manganese, magnesium, etc.
- Full of antioxidants
For more chia seed based recipes, check out my Apple Cinnamon Chia Pudding here!
- 1 serving of collagen peptides delivers 18 grams of high quality protein
- Helps keep bones healthy and strong and supports joint health
- Natural glycine improves sleep quality.
To read more about the benefits of collagen peptides, check out my favorite company here for more info!
- a very healthy fat source, plus high fatty acid content
- Contains lauric acid, antimicrobial lipids and capric acid, which have antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties (1)
Important tip: Make sure you buy coconut cream/coconut milk cans that are BPA-free!
This post workout green smoothie is the perfect supplementation after a workout. We need to replenish the nutrients in our bodies with the appropriate foods in order to recover and rebuild those muscles we just worked out.
Not working out today? That's okay- go ahead and pin this recipe for later use, duh!
Post Workout Green Smoothie
- 2 cups loosely packed spinach
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk or non-dairy milk of your choice
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup omit for Whole30
- 2 scoops collagen peptides
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 a large banana
- 1/2 lime juiced
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender. Garnish with unsweetened coconut flakes and extra chia seeds.
Hi! I’m Monica – recipe developer, matcha addict and lover of all things chocolate, kombucha and any & all puns. I am also the blogger, real food lover, & bonafide hustler behind the blog ‘The Movement Menu.’ I’m so excited to welcome you to my happy space, where my appreciation of creative recipes and healthy & mindful eats come together to inspire you to live a healthy, balanced life.
I like your articles and thank for the sharing information Benefits of marine collagen
Looking forward to this would totally get my trough my workout!
This looks really delicious and healthy! I can't wait to try this, especially since I love smoothies a lot. Thank you for sharing this recipe!
Growth on Powder says
Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Thank you for sharing great information to us.