What if I told you that you could get incredible nourishment from a green smoothie after your workout?! And what if, that smoothie was equally delicious and nutritious? Well, that’s exactly what I have for you today.
This green smoothie is loaded up with all kinds of nutrients… but what are those nutrients good for?:
Dark and leafy greens
- An excellent source of vitamins A, C & K
- Supplies folate and potassium
- Great source of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds, which is ideal for muscle recovery
- High in Omega-3 fatty acids
- Deliver a massive amount of nutrients, i.e. fiber, protein, manganese, magnesium, etc.
- Full of antioxidants
For more chia seed based recipes, check out my Apple Cinnamon Chia Pudding here!
- 1 serving of collagen peptides delivers 18 grams of high quality protein
- Helps keep bones healthy and strong and supports joint health
- Natural glycine improves sleep quality.
To read more about the benefits of collagen peptides, check out my favorite company here for more info!
- a very healthy fat source, plus high fatty acid content
- Contains lauric acid, antimicrobial lipids and capric acid, which have antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties (1)
Important tip: Make sure you buy coconut cream/coconut milk cans that are BPA-free!
This post workout green smoothie is the perfect supplementation after a workout. We need to replenish the nutrients in our bodies with the appropriate foods in order to recover and rebuild those muscles we just worked out.
Not working out today? That’s okay- go ahead and pin this recipe for later use, duh!
Post Workout Green Smoothie
This makes one very large smoothie. This would also be sufficient as a light snack for two people.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender. Garnish with unsweetened coconut flakes and extra chia seeds.