I’ve got a paleo chicken salad wraps recipe that is perfect for meal prep and for the whole family to enjoy! Sun dried tomatoes, pickles and homemade mayo make for the perfect balance of flavors inside. You can wrap the salad in lettuce if you’d like, and it is gluten free, paleo, low carb and Whole30.
I am utterly obsessed with this easy to put together paleo chicken salad wraps recipe.
I originally tried an Italian style chicken salad while we were in Italy a few years ago, and I knew I wanted to make my own version of it someday.
Flash forward almost TWO years, and here we finally are. The chicken salad I was chowing down on overseas definitely had a LOT more components inside of it.
However, I really wanted to keep this recipe as flavorful but as straight forward and uncomplicated as possible.
That’s why I kept things quick and easy by utilizing the Instant Pot for the perfectly moist and shredded chicken thighs.
Can I store this chicken salad in the refrigerator?
Yes. It will last for up to one week in the refrigerator.
Heck, you can double the recipe up and you’ll probably still get through it all in time if you have a big family.
It’s just Tim and I here eating the chicken salad (baby Sophie can’t have salt just quite yet), and we hammered through it in just a few days.
And it’s not like it was hard to do or anything either!
What makes these paleo chicken salad wraps so good?
- It can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack
- You can eat it as a side dish (as a salad) or wrap it up in some lettuce and make it a meal
- You can have it ready to go in under 30 minutes (check out more Whole30 30 minutes or less recipes!)
- It’s perfect for meal prep and will last in the refrigerator for up to one week
- The recipe is naturally low carb, paleo, and Whole30 compliant
More delicious paleo chicken recipes like this:
How to make this paleo chicken salad
Turn on the Instant Pot on manual. Add chicken thighs, water, salt, pepper and oregano. SET the pressure to HIGH and the timer for 12 minutes.
After the chicken has finished cooking, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Then, move the “sealing” nob to “venting” and let it release completely.
Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and shred using two forks on a cutting board. Set aside to cool.
Add mayo, pickles, onions, sun dried tomatoes (and oil), lemon juice, garlic powder and parsley. Stir everything together well. You will probably need another 1-2 tablespoons of mayo (see notes) to get it the way you like it. Taste for additional salt and pepper.
Serve in butter lettuce leaves and garnish with avocado slices and extra green onions and parsley.
Can I still make these paleo chicken salad wraps if I don’t own an Instant Pot?
100% yes, absolutely! I’d walk you through how to do it on the stove top, but luckily- I know someone who can do it MUCH better than me.
She’s got tips on how to make shredded chicken on the stove top, how to store it, tips on how to shred it quickly & more.
I’ll give you a secret tip here though. If you happen to own a hand mixer, go ahead and use that instead of two forks. You’ll save yourself a TON of time.
When I did my Whole30 recipes takeover back in November of last year, about 300 people directly messaged me telling me this while I was spending a good five minutes shredded my chicken with two forks.
So excited to have you here all the way at the bottom of my post! 😉 If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below on the recipe card. Make sure you follow me on Instagram and Pinterest, too!
Paleo Chicken Salad Wraps with Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds organic, boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 1-2 tablespoons Homemade Paleo Mayonnaise see notes
- 3 small pickles diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes in olive oil see notes
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- handful of fresh parsley roughly chopped
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce for wrapping
- avocado slices for garnish
- Turn on the Instant Pot on manual. Add chicken thighs, water, salt, pepper and oregano. SET the pressure to HIGH and the timer for 12 minutes.
- After the chicken has finished cooking, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Then, move the “sealing” nob to “venting” and let it release completely. Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and shred using two forks on a cutting board. Set aside to cool.
- Add mayo, pickles, onions, sun dried tomatoes (and oil), lemon juice, garlic powder and parsley. Stir everything together well. You will probably need another 1-2 tablespoons of mayo (see notes) to get it the way you like it. Taste for additional salt and pepper.
- Serve in butter lettuce leaves and garnish with avocado slices and extra green onions and parsley.
This is my favorite recipe for homemade paleo mayonnaise. Depending on the type of mayo you'll use or your preferences, you will need 1/2 cup plus 1-2 tablespoons extra.
Drain the sun-dried tomatoes from the oil but save 2 tablespoons to add into the chicken salad.
Hi! I’m Monica – recipe developer, matcha addict and lover of all things chocolate, kombucha and any & all puns. I am also the blogger, real food lover, & bonafide hustler behind the blog ‘The Movement Menu.’ I’m so excited to welcome you to my happy space, where my appreciation of creative recipes and healthy & mindful eats come together to inspire you to live a healthy, balanced life.