The best Whole30 curry meatballs are the perfect addition to your Whole30 weekly meal plan. They taste wonderful reheated… or cold! Bring them with you to lunch atop a big and hearty salad or enjoy them with a big bowl of cauliflower rice for dinner.
Just wanted to let you know these incredible oat bars are sponsored by my friends at KitchenAid!
You should add Whole30 curry meatballs into the rotation.
I love picking up curry paste at the local grocery store and getting down with the stove. Seriously, once you pick some curry paste up, you’ll understand why it is such a game changer.
These Whole30 curry meatballs were finished by my husband in TWO days… I got to eat… 3 meatballs- total.
These Whole30 meatballs are loaded up with all of the good stuff!
I’m so excited to be teaming up with KitchenAid for these meatballs.
I was able to get my hands on their gorgeous 9-cup food processor, and it truly brought this recipe over the top.
I loved that I was able to just throw all of my meatball ingredients into the food processor and give it a whirl. It’s so convenient to have and it looks really beautiful on my countertop.
More like this:
Whole30 curry meatballs fit for royalty!
I have a few theories as to why these meatballs are so good.
- They are loaded up with all kinds of fresh herbs and vegetables… nothing boring or nutrient deficient here!
- The curry sauce they are swimming in is to die for!
- A little fish sauce adds so much umami… and goes a long way!
I really wanted to come up with a recipe for a protein that could be served cold on top of some sort of salad but also warm with some veggies or cauliflower rice.
After trying these Whole30 curry meatballs cold, I can assure you they stand up to the test.
Usually, my hubby is too lazy to heat up leftovers. However, in this case, he really had the right idea. I tried a ball cold and was completely sold on it.
Imagine how incredibly easy it would be to throw these onto a large bed of greens with some extra veggies, pour some curry sauce on top and chow down on your break at work. No microwave necessary!
I’m patting myself on the back as I type this… for real.
Get on board with these Whole30 curry meatballs, and you’ll be thanking me very soon. Promise.
Best Ever Whole30 Curry MeatballsThese Best Ever Whole30 Curry Meatballs are the perfect addition to your Whole30 weekly meal plan. They taste wonderful reheated... or cold! Bring them with you to lunch atop a big and hearty salad or enjoy them with a big bowl of cauliflower rice for dinner. Any way you want them- they're amazing!
- 2 pounds grassfed beef 90/10 works best
- 1/2 cup cooked cauliflower rice
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 a red onion roughly chopped
- 1 cup carrots roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 limes juiced
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- splash fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
|Cook Time||35 minutes|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
This recipe can be made and served on top of a bed of rice as well. Stick with cauliflower rice if you want to keep it Whole30 compliant!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place all of the ingredients (except the beef) for the meatballs in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse for 30 seconds or so until mixed well. Do not over process, as it will become mushy! Add the meat and process a few more times.
- Roll into 1 1/2 - 2" balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes and rotate the pan 180 degrees. Bake for another 10-15 until they have reached your desired doneness. I like mine cooked to a medium doneness, so I pulled them out after 30 minutes. While they finish cooking, prepare the curry sauce.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the coconut milk until is begins to simmer. Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk well. Bring to a low boil and turn the heat down to low. Let simmer and thicken for 10-15 minutes. if you like your sauce a bit thicker, you can add the arrowroot mixture (see the bottom of the Curry Sauce ingredients list!)
- Serve the meatballs on a bed of cauliflower rice or regular rice (if you aren't Whole30ing!) Cover with the curry sauce and garnish with fresh herbs and red pepper flakes.