This Thai chicken zucchini noodle soup is a fast and easy Instant Pot recipe that will be loved by the whole family. This whole30 compliant soup is made with plenty of vegetables and juicy chicken thighs and an absolute must for meal prep and one pot recipes.
A Thai chicken zucchini noodle soup utilizing your spiralizer!
I’ve got such a delicious and fun recipe for you to try. It’s perfect for a weeknight meal or you can take it with you as leftovers.
I’ve even frozen some to defrost and reheat at a later time– it’s super versatile! The fresh lime juice and red curry paste kick up the flavor profile a ton, and there is so much umami that comes from the bit of fish sauce in the ingredient list.
If you prefer your zucchini noodles with a bit of crunch, don’t add them into the chicken zucchini noodle soup until the very end!
If you’re into sweet potato noodles or spiralized parsnips (or whatever veggie you want), feel free to swap out the zoodles for them instead.
What I’m trying to say is this: the veggies you add into this soup aren’t concrete ingredient suggestions. If you want to be explore and be adventurous with whatever it is you like or have on hand in the refrigerator, go for it!
Well, the time has finally come for us to head to Kauai for our first vacation with Sophie!
We are leaving our house at 3am tomorrow and heading to San Diego for our flight. I am a bit nervous about how Sophie will adapt to being on the plane (yes, I’ve heard horror stories!)
We figure though, if it’s the worst 6 1/2 hours ever, chances are we’ll never see any of those people again. Phew. Unless they are on our return flight, HA!
Since sleep training her, she has settled into such a wonderful routine, and I’m curious how well she will nap in a carrier or snuggled in our arms.
She hasn’t fallen asleep on us since she was about a month old. She’s always preferred having her own space, so we’ll see what happens. I’m just grateful and excited we have the opportunity to take her with us!
More soup recipes like this:
I love how little you have to do with elbow grease when you are using an Instant Pot. It’ll cook your meat perfectly for you, you can saute your veggies directly inside, and it cooks the soup- duh.
This wonderful soup is a one pot meal with very little clean up, so it’s a winner at our house. I know I’ll be making it in batches many more times to come.
I think I may try adding some fresh mushrooms next time and snap peas– give it even more Thai vibes, you know what I mean?
If you are prepping and cooking this recipe during a Whole30, don’t be shy and reheat this chicken zucchini noodle soup for breakfast. In my opinion, it is leftovers that make the best breakfast meals around.
After all, how many times can we eat some type of combination of bacon and eggs- ya feel?
I had the opportunity to recruit Tim as my hand model for this shoot, and look how good he looks. HA!
He spends the majority of the time messing with me when I’m trying to get an action shot with him doing something. But after a solid 10-12 minutes, we’ll have one photo I can use.
Such a wonderful little helper he is.
Alright, let’s talk more about this fabulous Thai chicken zucchini noodle soup, shall we? Sure, you can make it on the stovetop as well.
I’d recommend cooking the chicken separately until it reaches 165 degrees Fahnreheit internally and shredding it. Then, I would add it into the soup at the very end.
We like to get crazy with spices in our kitchen and in the recipes I create, so I decided to finely chop up some fresh Thai chiles and add those into the soup as well.
Well, let’s get to it!
I know you are ready for an easy-to-make and even easier to eat flavorful chicken zucchini noodle soup recipe that is healthy and absolutely delicious.
You get to rest and relax after just a few minutes here and there of prep work. Thank you, Instant Pot! 🙂
Thai Chicken Zucchini Noodle Soup
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 6 garlic cloves minced (see notes)
- 1" piece fresh ginger peeled & minced (see notes)
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 3 cups bone broth- Find Here! or chicken broth
- 15 ounces fire roasted tomatoes canned
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 head of cauliflower chopped into florets
- 4 carrots sliced
- 15 ounces full fat canned coconut milk roughly 1 can
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3-4 large zucchinis spiralized
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- On the Instant Pot, select the sauté function and add the oil. Once the oil is simmering (roughly 1 minute), add in the diced onion. Sauté for 3 minutes until slightly tender. Add in crushed garlic and ginger and sauté again, stirring frequently for a few more minutes. You will want the onion to be very soft, nearly translucent and browning in areas.
- Add in curry paste, lime juice, fish sauce, broth, tomatoes, chicken, bell pepper, cauliflower, and carrots. Secure the lid attachment and make sure the seal is turned to "sealing". Select "pressure" and make sure it reads "high pressure" and set the manual time to 12 minutes.
- Manually release the pressure and move the seal to "venting". Be careful doing this-- you will want to use a pair of tongs and a kitchen towel as the steam will come out very aggressively. Once the pressure has all been released, open the lid and remove the chicken thighs. Transfer to a cutting board and shred with two forks. Add back into the soup and stir in the canned coconut milk and seasonings. Taste for more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Add in the zucchini noodles and give everything a nice, big stir. Serve immediately with green onions, red pepper flakes or fresh Thai chiles and cilantro. Enjoy!
Hi! I’m Monica – recipe developer, matcha addict and lover of all things chocolate, kombucha and any & all puns. I am also the blogger, real food lover, & bonafide hustler behind the blog ‘The Movement Menu.’ I’m so excited to welcome you to my happy space, where my appreciation of creative recipes and healthy & mindful eats come together to inspire you to live a healthy, balanced life.