Whole30 Easy Steak Fajitas
These Whole30 Easy Steak Fajitas are the bees knees. In fact, making a Whole30 meal in 30 minutes or less has never been easier. You’ll only need one pan to make this healthy and filling meal.
It’s week one of our Whole30. Who’s us? Well, I’m doing my fifth round, but it’s my husband’s second time. We recruited my best friend and her boyfriend to do it with us, too. We’ve already been planning kombucha game night for the weekend… score!
I know I’ll be bringing over a pan of these Whole30 Easy Steak Fajitas to their place on game night. They’re so lucky.
There’s nothing better than having the support of friends and family members when embarking on a Whole30. I talk about this and other tips before starting a Whole30 here.
In fact, if you’ve never done a Whole30, I have TWO meal plans I created with several options including breakfast, lunch, dinner and side dishes to eat during and after your Whole30.
I frequently get asked: “What do you eat after you finish a Whole30?” It’s not a question that receives a lot of light, so I decided to get into it within my Whole30 Meal Plans.
These Whole30 Easy Steak Fajitas are best served up with a side of fried cauliflower rice or on top of a bed of zucchini noodles. You really can’t go wrong, as they are super flavorful. Do not skimp out on that avocado topping though- they really elevate the dish!
Speaking of elevating dishes, we’ve already started planning where we’d like to eat when our Whole30 is over. We’re deciding between my favorite restaurant in San Diego (TRUST) and grabbing omakase somewhere in Orange County or Los Angeles.
Have you TRIED OMAKASE? Omakase translates into: A meal consisting of dishes selected by the chef. I’m talking about sushi.
Do you feel me? I’m super excited to get our grub on February 2nd. Maybe we’ll make a day trip out of it and grab TRUST for lunch and get omakase for dinner. Who knows? Go big or go back home, no?
I’m also pretty excited to say that I have some new shopping lists coming for you this month. I’m heading to Costco this Sunday (Costco on a Sunday- am I nuts?) to begin working on my Whole30 Costco Shopping List. You responded very, very well to my
so I figured it was only fair for me to keep the party going and head to Costco next.
I’m super excited that I get to partner up with Bonafide Provisions for this Whole30 Easy Steak Fajitas recipe. I’ve been using their broth for nearly a year, and I can’t get enough of it.
Sure, I can make broth myself, but sometimes I don’t have the time or resources to do so. It’s so nice to have broth at my fingertips when I’m in a pinch!
What’s great about their brand, too, is they can be found nationwide at Whole Foods. Be sure to check out their store locator to hunt down a store near you who carries their delicious broth.
Thank you for allowing me to continue creating incredible content supporting relationships with incredible brands that The Movement Menu enjoys working with! Opinions will always remain 100% my own!
- 1/4 cup bone broth- Find Here!
- 4 bell peppers thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 4 medium zucchinis sliced
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
- In a small bowl, combine all of the marinade ingredients together using a whisk. Transfer the marinade to a gallon ziplock bag and add the flank steak. Press out any excess air and close the bag. Make sure you massage the meat thoroughly with your fingers so the marinade is evenly incorporated. Let it marinade for at least 1 hour.
- Heat a large cast iron pan up on medium-high heat. Remove the flank steak from the bag and place on a cutting board. Reserve the marinade and set aside. Generously season the steak with salt and pepper.
- Gently place the steak into the pan and let cook for 4 1/2 minutes. Flip over and cook for another 4 1/2 minutes. Remove from the pan and let rest for 10 minutes with foil tented over it.
- While the steak is resting, it's time to cook the vegetables. Scrape up the brown bits leftover in the pan and add the bone broth. Add vegetables and cook for 8-10 minutes until soft and cooked through. Turn off the heat.
- Slice the steak against the grain and layer on top of the cooked vegetables. Top off with sliced avocado, jalapeno and fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
Whole30 Easy Steak Fajitas
Amount Per Serving
Calories 546 Calories from Fat 279
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31g 48%
Saturated Fat 8g 40%
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Cholesterol 75mg 25%
Sodium 592mg 25%
Potassium 1169mg 33%
Total Carbohydrates 26g 9%
Dietary Fiber 11g 44%
Protein 42g 84%
Vitamin A 92%
Vitamin C 493%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.