This recipe for creamy vegan cauliflower soup is infused with fresh rosemary and all kinds of delicious herbs & spices. Oh, and an added bonus- it’s Whole30 compliant, super hearty & delicious!
Your mind will be blown with this creamy vegan cauliflower soup
In most parts of the country, it’s still a bit chilly outside. Here in Southern California, we are experiencing all kinds of weird weather patterns. It’s 80 degrees one day and snowing in the mountains and 20 degrees the next.
However, let’s have no fear because Spring is near!! Haha, I’m the worst. But seriously, it’s not time to quit making soup just yet. Why?
It’s still getting chilly at night and this soup just so happens to taste delicious warm AND cold. Cold cauliflower soup is delicious- you heard me right!
A non dairy cauliflower soup that sails above the rest
I just so happened to team up with Vitamix for this creamy vegan cauliflower soup recipe. Did you know they have a new gorgeous copper plated finish on their 750 Heritage line?! Look how gorgeous this new blender is!
They even have a soup setting on the blender, so it’s a no brainer about which setting to use when making your soup. I decided to infuse this cauliflower soup with fresh rosemary because that’s what I had plenty of in my refrigerator.
You could also use some parsley or thyme sprigs instead if you’d like. What’s the magical deliciousness floating on the top? Oh, just some super crunchy pancetta cubes I fried up.
This recipe can be made 100% vegan if you don’t use the pancetta for a garnish and use coconut oil instead of grass-fed butter or ghee. I tried my best to make this recipe appealing to everyone, no matter what their dietary restrictions or preferences may be.
More like this:
You can eat it by itself, too-just pour yourself a nice and big, hearty bowl. I actually ended up eating this soup for breakfast, alongside some crunchy potatoes and eggs- it was a match made in heaven.
You can crush ice, whip up your morning coffee, making creamy soups & stews or dessert! The possibilities are truly endless. But for now, make this cauliflower soup. Just do it.
When vegan cauliflower soup is Whole30 compliant, you check off all the boxes!
You know what’s cooler than this cauliflower soup being vegan? The fact that it is also 100% Whole30 compliant. Gimme some of that, ya know what I mean?
The soup should absolutely be enjoyed year round. It’s super light and shouldn’t just be a recipe for the fall and winter months.
The fresh rosemary inside with the addition of the smoked paprika and pancetta really puts it over the top flavor-wise.
If you’re wanting to keep this recipe vegan, simply omit the pancetta and you’re good to go!
Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Soup (Whole30)This recipe for Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Soup is infused with fresh rosemary and all kinds of delicious herbs & spices. Oh, and an added bonus- it's Whole30 compliant, super hearty & delicious!
- 2 tablespoons ghee coconut oil for vegan
- 1/2 large yellow onion thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 head of cauliflower washed, dried and cut into florets
- 32 ounces chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sea salt split in two
- 3/4 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 ounces pancetta cubed, for garnish (omit for vegan)
- sea salt to taste
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
- Place a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the butter, onion and garlic cloves and sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add cauliflower florets, broth, fresh rosemary and half of the salt. Cover the pot, reduce the heat to medium and let cook for another 25 minutes, or until the cauliflower feels fork tender.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, add the pancetta to a small sauté pan over medium heat. Stirring frequently, cook until the pancetta looks crispy, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Once the cauliflower feels fork tender, remove the rosemary and add the rest of the spices & herbs and salt. Stir to combine.
- Transfer the soup mixture into the Vitamix. Blend on medium-high until smooth, about 30 seconds or by simply using the soup setting.
- Pour the soup into serving bowls and garnish with pancetta, coconut cream and extra dried chives. Enjoy!