The best paleo chocolate chip cookies. Made with decadent 85% dark chocolate, raw cashews and delicious melted ghee. The most perfect paleo dessert!
Just letting you know the best paleo chocolate chip cookies recipe is sponsored by the awesome folks at Bob’s Red Mill!
Raw cashews make the best paleo chocolate chip cookies
I have been working hard over the course of months and months to come out with this recipe. It’s no secret that I’m absolutely obsessed with incorporating raw cashews into my baked goods. You’ve probably noticed that they’re the base of most of my baked goods recipes like my…
The list goes on…. truly. They bring a very unique texture and flavor into the equation that soon after discovering, there was absolutely no looking back.
Almond flour is traditionally the go-to flour in most paleo baked goods, but since I typically cannot and do not eat almonds, I knew I needed to find a replacement.
Lucky for me, the replacement was raw cashews and boy, are they much better (in my opinion) than almonds.
How to make the best paleo cookies
What I love most about these paleo chocolate chip cookies is the fact that they’re made with 85% dark chocolate. Not to mention, I only use 1/4 cup maple syrup and 2 tablespoons coconut sugar in the entire recipe.
That’s half a tablespoon of sweetener per cookie- crazy, huh? The 85% dark chocolate seems to melt a lot better than a lighter 72% dark chocolate, which is what I have used in the past.
My goal was to make these cookies thick, lightly crunchy but chewy AND melty. This was accomplished. The flaked sea salt on top really does the trick, too.
I decided to use Bob’s Red Mill coconut flour for this recipe. Their products are always such great quality for an awesome price, they’re very hard to ignore. The coconut flour adds thickness to these cookies that I wouldn’t have been able to achieve otherwise.
My husband came home from work last night, and I was so excited for him to try them, I asked him to close his eyes, open his mouth and take a bite. He was in awe.
Then, he asked me to do something that he’s never asked before. He insisted, “Put them in the freezer, so I don’t eat them all at once.” He explained that he really wanted to savor these cookies because they were so damn good ????
He doesn’t trust himself with my baked goods. He knows he’ll go to town if they’re left out, and he wanted his relationship with the best paleo chocolate chip cookies to last longer than a day or two. Smart cookie he is.
Paleo chocolate chip cookie recipe, made in 5 minutes or less
Prepping these cookies before getting them into the oven only takes 5 minutes. You throw all of the ingredients into a food processor and that’s it! I couldn’t have figured out a way to make prepping for this recipe any easier.
So, 5 minutes of prep time and the most delicious ingredients ever make up the best paleo chocolate chip cookies of your life. You really need to stop what you’re doing right now and go make them. I dare you.
In fact, why don’t you invite over some paleo nay-sayers while you’re at it. Have these cookies freshly baked, waiting for them as they arrive.
They’ll be in absolute shock when you fill them in that these ooey gooey mounds of deliciousness are 100% paleo.
I know there are about 85693 recipes already out there for paleo chocolate chip cookies. These take the win.
I’ve tried close to that many recipes, and I’ve never been so in love with any of them like I am with these. And I’m not just saying that because they’re my children.
Best Paleo Chocolate Chip CookiesThe best paleo chocolate chip cookies. Made with decadent 85% dark chocolate, raw cashews and delicious melted ghee. The most perfect paleo dessert!
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Coconut Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons grassfed gelatin
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup ghee melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chunks (85% dark chocolate is perfect!) I roughly chopped up an 85% Alter Eco bar.
- flaked sea salt for topping
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
I recommend using 72-85% dark chocolate for this recipe.
- Pulse the raw cashews in a food processor or high-speed blender, a few seconds at a time, until they resemble a coarse flour. You don’t want any visible chunks of cashews. This should take about 1 minute. Be sure not to turn the cashew flour into cashew butter. Watch the texture closely.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and pulse a few more times, until everything has been well incorporated.
- Add the wet ingredients to the food processor and give it a few more pulses. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Transfer the bowl to the refrigerator for 20 minutes and preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a cookie scoop to form cookies and place 2” apart on the prepared baking sheet. I used a medium size cookie scoop so my cookies are pretty large. You can make them smaller, but be sure to keep an eye on them in the oven. If you do make them smaller, start checking on them after 10 minutes! Press down very, very lightly to flatten - note that the cookies won’t spread very much, so press them down to the thickness you prefer.
- Sprinkle with some more dark chocolate chunks on top if you'd like and flaked sea salt (trust me!) Bake for 10 minutes (for smaller cookies) or 15 (for medium to large). When they begin turning golden brown around the edges, they're all done!