This easy gluten free pasta salad is made with a wide range of vegetables, gluten free pasta, and a delicious and creamy dressing. It is gluten free, healthy, and can be modified to be dairy free and vegan as well.
An easy gluten free pasta salad
The key to making this pasta salad super delicious is finding a gluten free pasta that isn't too starchy or heavy.
Some of my favorite gluten free pasta brands include:
- Jovial Foods Brown Rice
- Tinkyada Brown Rice
- DeLallo Penne Pasta
- Trader Joe's Brown Rice Pastas
I have tried a lot of gluten free pasta brands in my day, and these are at the top of my list.
Jovial Foods also has a cassava flour pasta, but I like their brown rice pasta varieties more.
What goes inside the pasta salad?
You can fully utilize your creativity here.
These just so happen to be the add-ins that I've tried and have loved.
Some other ingredient options include but aren't limited to:
- Asparagus chunks
- Steamed broccoli
- Steamed beets
- Yellow squash
- Roasted cauliflower
The dressing really ties the salad together so well.
I love using my homemade mayonnaise and cutting it with some red wine vinegar, honey, and delicious spices.
It's a perfect balance of sweet, tangy, and creamy. I recommend starting with just 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar and tasting.
From there, if you'd like it to be more like a vinaigrette and less creamy, you can always add in more.
If you aren't into honey, you can substitute it for maple syrup instead.
If you don't want to make your own mayonnaise, both Primal Kitchen and Chosen Foods have great options!
How to make the best gluten free pasta salad
Bring water to a rolling boil, and cook pasta according to the box instructions for al dente.
After draining the pasta completely, rinse pasta with cold water.
Add pasta to a large mixing bowl and stir in the add-ins.
In a small bowl, add all of the dressing ingredients and stir until fully combined.
Add the dressing to pasta and stir until fully coated.
Taste for additional dressing if you'd like. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy.
Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Should gluten free pasta salad be rinsed?
Yes, definitely. Rinse the pasta after you drain it.
How do you keep gluten free pasta from getting hard?
If you cook it according to the instructions on the box and serve it with this creamy dressing, it won't get hard. It's a wonderful texture!
Can this pasta salad be made dairy free?
Absolutely. Simply omit the mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
*If you'd like to make it vegan, buy vegan mayonnaise. Sir Kensington's has a great one made with aquafaba (chickpea water.)*
How long will it last in the fridge?
You can store the salad and the dressing separately and it will last longer... more like 5 days!
More delicious salad recipes you'll love:
Easy Arugula Chicken Salad with Grapes
Watermelon Basil Salad with Feta
Best Gluten Free Pasta Salad
- 1 pound gluten free pasta cooked until al-dente
- 1/2 cup dill pickles finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green olives finely chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese lightly packed
- 8 ounces fresh Mozzarella pearls see notes
- 3 tablespoons banana peppers finely chopped
- 3 Persian cucumbers finely diced
- 1/4 cup green onions finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped, for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup homemade paleo mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Bring water to a rolling boil, and cook pasta according to the box instructions for al dente.
- After draining the pasta completely, rinse pasta with cold water.
- Add pasta to a large mixing bowl and stir in the add-ins.
- In a small bowl, add all of the dressing ingredients and stir until fully combined.
- Add the dressing to pasta and stir until fully coated.
- Taste for additional dressing if you'd like. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Gluten free pastas: My favorite gluten free pasta brands are: Jovial, DelAllo, Tinkyada & Trader Joe's.
- Mozzarella pearls: I love the BelGioioso fresh mozzarella cheese pearls.
Hi! I’m Monica – recipe developer, matcha addict and lover of all things chocolate, kombucha and any & all puns. I am also the blogger, real food lover, & bonafide hustler behind the blog ‘The Movement Menu.’ I’m so excited to welcome you to my happy space, where my appreciation of creative recipes and healthy & mindful eats come together to inspire you to live a healthy, balanced life.
Leave a Reply