This dairy free nacho cheese dip is creamy, delicious, and versatile. It can be used as a dip or sauce for pretty much anything. This cashew cheese dip tastes like the real deal, but possibly a bit better. It is dairy free, vegan, and Whole30 too.
Delicious & dairy free cheese dip
I love when friends or guests ask me what this “delicious sauce” is, and they are pleasantly surprised when I tell them the base of it is raw cashews.
It comes together easily, quickly, and is the perfect accompaniment to your favorite veggies or crackers and chips.
We don't do super well with dairy in this house, and I'm consuming next to none of it while nursing, so I love having this on hand in the fridge.
The ingredient list is short, and you won't need to grab anything that you wouldn't find at a regular grocery store.
What ingredients will you need to make nacho cheese dip?
Aside from raw cashews, you just need a handful of basic ingredients.
Not that this dip tastes basic, I promise 😉
- Nutritional yeast
- Lemon juice
- Dijon mustard
You will make it in a food processor or blender and add in filtered water until it reaches your desired consistency.
Bam. That's it.
You make it all in one pitcher, so cleanup is an absolute breeze.
Now, you can put it on anything!
- Grilled veggies
- Raw veggies
- Rice bowls
How to make dairy free nacho cheese dip
Put the cashews in a bowl. Pour boiling water over them and soak for 1 ½ hours. Drain and Rinse and drain soaked the cashews a few times with cool water.
Add Transfer the cashews to the pitcher of a high-speed blender pitcher with the water, garlic, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic, water, salt, mustard, and turmeric, lemon juice, and mustard. Blend until a thick sauce comes together, scraping down the sides if necessary.
*You may need to add another tablespoon or two of water to help it blend together. You want it thick, but pourable.*
Taste for salt and add black pepper, to taste.
This can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Look how creamy and vibrant it is!
My favorite way to eat it is with some corn tortilla chips... 😉 enjoy!
Love this nacho cheese dip? Here are more recipes you'll love:
Dairy Free Nacho Cheese Dip
- Transfer the cashews to the pitcher of a high-speed blender with the water, garlic, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic, water, salt, mustard, and turmeric, lemon juice, and mustard.
- Blend until a thick sauce comes together, scraping down the sides if necessary. You may need to add another tablespoon or two of water to help it blend together. You want it thick, but pourable.
- Taste for additional salt and add black pepper and stir or blend again quickly.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Water: You may need a little more water. Start with 1 cup and add 1 tablespoon at a time at the end until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Salt: Add more salt to taste after blending.
Hi! I’m Monica – recipe developer, matcha addict and lover of all things chocolate, kombucha and any & all puns. I am also the blogger, real food lover, & bonafide hustler behind the blog ‘The Movement Menu.’ I’m so excited to welcome you to my happy space, where my appreciation of creative recipes and healthy & mindful eats come together to inspire you to live a healthy, balanced life.