Last updated on October 22nd, 2018
I’ve got a quick and easy delicious Instant Pot chicken tortilla-less soup for you. It’s made with delicious and easy to find ingredients and will be all finished cooking in just 10 minutes. This soup is dairy free, whole30 compliant and keto, too!
A chicken tortilla-less soup that can be made SO many different ways!
What if I told you this soup is the answer to all of your quick and easy weeknight meal wishes?
Well, it is. If you’ve got an Instant Pot or a pressure cooker, it will be ready in just 10 minutes after it gets up to high pressure. If you don’t have one, no sweat!
You can totally make chicken tortilla-less soup on the stovetop or in a crock pot as well… just peep the instructions to find out how!
When making a soup like this, I always recommend using chicken thighs as they are the most succulent part of the chicken *in my humble opinion.*
However, you can ultimately use chicken breast if you wanted to. Since you’ll be throwing it into a pressure cooker or cooking it low and slow, the breast will taste damn tasty, too!
I’m just a thigh girl. Team thicks thighs, am I right?
I love this time of the year because you all seem to love me dishing up all of the quick soup and stew recipes. They are some of my favorite things to develop because they make the best leftovers.
I took a bit of a poll on Instagram yesterday, and it seems like you are also interested in more soup recipes, one pot recipes and side dishes.
I’ll be sure to take that into consideration as I continue developing recipes this season!
More like this:
I am going to be coming out with so many whole30 compliant dishes, as this time of the year *surprisingly* is when you seem to guzzle them up most.
This has always boggled my mind because the last thing I can think about during the holidays, is completing a Whole30.
But more power to you 🙂 … or maybe you are just planning ahead for January.
Either way, you’ll be getting so much delicious whole30 goodness very, very soon.
Back to this Instant Pot chicken tortilla-less soup though…
I decided to add some shredded grass-fed cheese for Tim because he doesn’t have any issues with dairy intake.
If you leave off the cheese, this recipe is 100% whole30 compliant but be sure to add some on if you’re keto or don’t have a problem with dairy.
The coconut cream that is mixed into the chicken tortilla-less soup provides it with a perfect creaminess and subtle sweet flavor. Don’t skimp out on it and feel free to add more or less depending on your taste preference.
How do you do with dairy consumption?
I used to be able to have it in small quantities, but since I have started breast feeding, I’ve come to notice how sensitive Sophie is to it as well.
That being said, I really miss heavy whipping cream in my coffee. Have you done that? It’s a game changer.
Well, it’s time to add this fabulous instant pot chicken tortilla-less soup to the lineup.
You are going to be so glad you did, as it will save you a ton of time in the kitchen with prep.
The recipe is absolutely friendly for the entire family. Just be sure to go easy on the peppers if your kids are going to be enjoying a few bowls, too.
In just a few short months, I’m totally giving Sophie girl a few bites to try. Mm, mmm, mmm! 🙂
Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla-less Soup
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 2 red bell peppers diced
- 8 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cans diced tomatoes fire roasted is best!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs rinsed and patted dry
- 2 jalapenos seeds & membrane removed, minced
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 4 cups bone broth- Find Here! or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 cups sweet potato roasted & diced
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Set the Instant Pot to the Sauté function and add in the oil. Sauté onions, bell peppers and garlic in the oil for about 4-5 minutes until the onions have become soft.
- Add the diced tomatoes, chicken thighs (whole), jalapeños, lime, coconut milk, broth, salt and all the spices. Give it a good stir, and set the Instant Pot to pressure cook (manual) on high. Set the time to 10 minutes.
- Manually let pressure out, covering the steam with a kitchen towel. (Or feel free to let pressure release naturally if you'd like!) Once the pressure has been released, remove the chicken thighs and shred using two forks. Add back to the soup, stir in the roasted sweet potatoes and taste for seasoning (salt and pepper.) Enjoy!
- Set the Crock Pot to low heat for 6-8 hours. Add in the oil and once it is hot, sauté onions, bell peppers and garlic in the oil for about 4-5 minutes until the onions have become soft.
- Add the diced tomatoes, chicken thighs (whole), jalapeños, lime, coconut milk, broth, salt and all the spices. Give it a good stir, and cover with the lid.
- Once it is finished cooking, remove the chicken thighs and shred using two forks. Add back to the soup, stir in the roasted sweet potatoes and taste for seasoning (salt and pepper.) Enjoy!
The shredded cheese you see in a few of the photos is for keto eaters. If you'd like to keep the soup 100% Whole30 compliant, simply omit the cheese garnish!
|Monica Stevens Le|
Hi! I’m Monica – recipe developer, matcha addict and lover of all things chocolate, kombucha and any & all puns. I am also the blogger, real food lover, & bonafide hustler behind the blog ‘The Movement Menu.’ I’m so excited to welcome you to my happy space, where my appreciation of creative recipes and healthy & mindful eats come together to inspire you to live a healthy, balanced life.