Making vegetables into fries is probably one of the most exciting transformations that happens in my kitchen. The transformation reminds me of The Princess Diaries; watching Princeton graduate Mia Thermopolis’s makeover into Crown Princess of Genovia. Anyone else agree with me on this one? It’s because raw zucchini generally isn’t very popular, a lot like Mia. However, when these zucchini sticks are transformed into fries, they can takeover and rule a whole country with grace and lots of flavor- just like the princess of Genovia– right?? Well, maybe this comparison is a little far-fetched, but that’s just the way I roll.
You know what’s so cool about these zucchini fries? They are an awesome way to sneak vegetables into your kids’ stomachs. Or your husbands. Or your best friends. If you can think of anyone you know who does NOT enjoy eating vegetables, make these zucchini fries and invite them over to try them. They will be oh so pleasantly surprised.
I am all about transforming vegetables into some elevated deliciousness. Besides, that’s exactly what I did with these Cauliflower Rice Meatballs with Beef & Bacon. I snuck a bunch of cauliflower into the meatballs without compromising flavor or texture. IN fact, these could be some of the best meatballs I have ever had. Oh, and sneaking vegetables into smoothies? Why yes, that’s my specialty. There are (2) whole cups of greens in this Post Workout Green Smoothie! Can you believe that? I’ve been doing this for years, folks– you can trust me.
Without too much further ado, I’m ready to share this recipe with you. Yes, it also comes quite natural for me to rhyme. Creating magic with vegetables in the kitchen and rhyming are two of my greatest strengths… ! Oh hold up, did I say Curry Aioli up there? Yes, I did. This stuff is the absolute bomb, and I can promise you you’ll wish you made more!
BAKED ZUCCHINI FRIES
These zucchini sticks are transformed into fries and make for a healthy side dish your family will love!
- 1 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon seasoning of your choice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 5 zucchini quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 2 large eggs beaten
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly coat a cooling rack with nonstick spray (I used coconut oil spray) and place on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, seasoning and parsley leaves. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Working in small batches, dredge zucchini in cassava flour, immerse into the egg mixture and finally dredge in breadcrumb mixture, pressing firmly to coat.
- Place the zucchini onto prepared baking sheet. Place into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Depending on your oven, you may need to set it to a high broil the last few minutes of cooking time to get that browning effect.
- While the zucchinis are baking, prepare the curry aioli.
- First, prepare the mayonnaise base.
- Stir in the cayenne, curry and dried rosemary.
- Dip the zucchini fries into the curry aioli. You are welcome!
Serve these with any dip you like!
Hi! I’m Monica – recipe developer, matcha addict and lover of all things chocolate, kombucha and any & all puns. I am also the blogger, real food lover, & bonafide hustler behind the blog ‘The Movement Menu.’ I’m so excited to welcome you to my happy space, where my appreciation of creative recipes and healthy & mindful eats come together to inspire you to live a healthy, balanced life.