Dairy Free Nacho Cheese Dip
This dairy free nacho cheese dip is creamy, delicious, and versatile. It can be used as a dip or sauce for pretty much anything. This cashew cheese dip tastes like the real deal, but possibly a bit better. It is dairy free, vegan, and Whole30 too.
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup filtered water see notes
- 2 1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt see notes
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- black pepper to taste
Put the cashews in a bowl. Pour boiling water over them and soak for 1 ½ hours. Rinse and drain soaked the cashews a few times with cool water.
Transfer the cashews to the pitcher of a high-speed blender with the water, garlic, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic, water, salt, mustard, and turmeric, lemon juice, and mustard.
Blend until a thick sauce comes together, scraping down the sides if necessary. You may need to add another tablespoon or two of water to help it blend together. You want it thick, but pourable.
Taste for additional salt and add black pepper and stir or blend again quickly.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Water: You may need a little more water. Start with 1 cup and add 1 tablespoon at a time at the end until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Salt: Add more salt to taste after blending.
Calories: 73kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 113mg | Potassium: 108mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 6mg