Instant Pot Potato Salad
This Instant Pot potato salad is super quick to prep and will save you a ton of time in the kitchen. I love that I can dump everything into one pot and then one bowl for a hearty, creamy, and delicious potato salad that you can eat year round.
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes see notes
- 1 cup filtered water
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup homemade paleo mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk or cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons pickle juice see notes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 2 celery ribs finely chopped
- 2 pickles chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped, for garnish
- kosher salt to taste
Add water and chopped potatoes to the bottom of the Instant Pot insert. Place the eggs on top of the potatoes.
Secure the instant pot lid and turn the valve to “sealing” position.
Select “High Pressure” and “Manual” and set the cook time to 4 minutes.
Once the timer goes off, carefully move the valve to “venting” and release all of the pressure. Transfer the eggs to a bowl of cold ice water and drain the water from the pot.
Separate the egg yolks from the whites of the hard-boiled eggs, and place the yolks into a small mixing bowl.
Mash the yolks with a fork and add in mayonnaise, coconut cream, mustard, pickle juice, salt, and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the warm potatoes and stir well to evenly distribute. Roughly chop the egg whites and add into the potato salad. Add in pickles, onions, and celery.
Stir well, cover, and refrigerate for a 1-2 hours to allow the flavors to really blend together.
- Potatoes: You can use any waxy potato in this recipe like red potatoes or new potatoes, too. Stay away from russet potatoes, as they will become too gummy in the pressure cooker.
- Pickle juice: Purchase a jar of your favorite pickles and grab the juice from the jar.
Calories: 285kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 659mg | Potassium: 788mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Calcium: 47mg