The Best Greek Chicken Salad
This healthy Greek chicken salad recipe is going to become a new favorite at your house. It's made with grilled chicken thighs, lots of fresh vegetables, and my homemade tzatziki dressing. It's low carb and can be made paleo and Whole30.
- 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 pounds boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 6-8 garlic cloves minced
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 green bell peppers diced
- 4 cups Romaine hearts chopped, see notes
- 1 white onion thinly sliced
- 6 Persian cucumbers sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried organo
- 2 1/2 tablespoons capers
- 1 cup kalamata olives pitted
- 1 block sheep's milk feta crumbled, omit for Whole30
- 1/4 cup fresh dill finely chopped, as garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley finely chopped, as garnish
- black pepper to taste
- kosher salt to taste
Mix all of the chicken marinade ingredients together in a bowl. Add the chicken thighs along with the marinade to a large Ziploc bag or into a shallow container so the chicken can be fully submerged. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
Once you are ready to cook the chicken, turn the grill on to preheat to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Once it has reached temperature, grill chicken thighs on the hot spots (hottest parts of the grill) for about 6-7 minutes per side. Set aside and cut into strips.
Combine all of the salad ingredients together in a large bowl or on a platter.
Serve with homemade Tzatziki dressing on the side or mix well. Taste for additional salt and pepper. Serve right away and garnish with extra capers and fresh dill if desired.
- Grilled chicken: Be sure to marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes but several hours / overnight is best.
- Romaine hearts: Use your favorite greens if you don't want to use Romaine lettuce.
- Feta cheese: It is optional but if you are not dairy free or keeping Whole30, I highly recommend including it.
Calories: 353kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 1000mg | Potassium: 443mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Calcium: 192mg