The Best Creamy Keto Coleslaw
This recipe for the best creamy, keto coleslaw is going to rock your world! It is made with fresh green cabbage, red cabbage, and apples. The homemade mayonnaise base for the slaw sauce really ties everything together beautifully, too!
- 1/2 head of green cabbage, approximately 6 cups lightly packed
- 1/3 head of red cabbage, approximately 2 cups lightly packed
- 2 small apples peeled and thinly sliced, see notes
- 1 cup Homemade Paleo Mayonnaise see notes
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey or coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt plus more, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper plus more, to taste
Add the green cabbage, red cabbage, and apples to a large mixing bowl. Stir well to combine.
In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until the mayo, vinegar, honey or coconut aminos, celery seed, salt, and pepper are thoroughly combined. Taste for additional salt and pepper.
Add the slaw sauce, a few tablespoons at a time, until it’s coated to your liking. Expect to use about ¾ cup. Taste for salt and pepper.
This slaw will get even better as it sits. Stick it in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight if you have the time. Enjoy.
- Feel free to use sweet or tart apples. I prefer to use sweet to balance out the tartness of the slaw sauce.
- You will not use all of the slaw sauce you make. Add a few tablespoons at a time until it reaches your desired consistency. It will most likely be about 3/4 of the sauce.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 12g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g