Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowls
I've got Instant Pot chicken taco bowls that are incredibly flavorful and made with juicy chicken thighs, cauliflower rice, and are perfect for meal prep. They are packed with protein, healthy fats, fiber and are gluten free, dairy free, paleo, low carb, and Whole30.
- 1 pound boneless & skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2/3 cup green salsa see notes
- 1/4 cup bone broth or low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup Homemade paleo mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup green salsa see notes
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or ghee
- 6 cups cauliflower rice see notes
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese see notes, omit for Whole30
- 1/3 cup red onion finely diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 2 limes cut into wedges
Turn on the Instant Pot and hit "Manual." Add chicken thighs, salt, pepper, garlic, salsa, broth, and taco seasoning. Give everything a nice stir. Set the pressure to "High" and the timer for 12 minutes. After the chicken has finished cooking, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Then, move the “Sealing” nob to “Venting” and let it release completely. Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and shred using two forks on a cutting board. Transfer back into the Instant Pot insert and mix together with the sauce. Set aside to cool.
In a small bowl, mix together paleo mayonnaise with the green salsa and set aside.
Cook the cauliflower rice. Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add oil and let that heat for another minute. Add in cauliflower rice, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently until cauliflower has softened. Taste for additional seasoning and set aside.
Prepare the bowls. Add cauliflower rice into the bowls first. Top off with shredded chicken and juices and the mayo/salsa mixture. Layer with yogurt, shredded cheese, onion, avocado, cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime. Enjoy!
- I like to use a hatch green chile salsa, but you can use any salsa verde really.
- Feel free to use your favorite shredded cheese: Mexican, Colby jack, cheddar, etc.
- You can use fresh or frozen. If it is frozen, allow it to defrost for at least 30 minutes before cooking or sauté in the pan for an extra couple of minutes.
- Feel free to also serve this dish in your favorite taco shells: i.e. Siete Foods Grain Free Taco Shells (pictured above.)