Keto Beef and Broccoli
This keto beef and broccoli takes under 30 minutes to make, and it's definitely going to be in your weekly rotation from now on. It's made with fresh broccoli, juicy flank steak, and it's completely gluten free, paleo, Whole30, and keto.
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak cut against the grain into 1" strips, see notes
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound broccoli florets see notes
- 1 cup white onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic roughly 8 cloves
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
Lay the flank steak strips out on a cutting board and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil. Evenly sprinkle with arrowroot, salt, and pepper. Using a spoon or your hands, mix well until evenly coated.
Heat up a large sauté pan over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of oil, and let that heat through for another minute. Place the flank steak strips into the pan in a single layer, being sure not to overcrowd the pan. I like to do this in 2-3 batches. Cook for 5 minutes (2-3 minutes per side) until browned and crispy on the outside. Transfer to a plate.
Blanch the broccoli: bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add in the broccoli florets and cook for 3 minutes. Drain thoroughly and dry as well as possible. Set aside.
Turn the stove back on to medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add onions and a big pinch of salt. Sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until soft.
Add garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute, stirring often. Mix in broccoli florets and cook for about 4 minutes until tender. Add in ginger and continue stirring for 1 minute.
Place the cooked steak strips back into the pan (with their juices) and pour in the coconut aminos and fish sauce. Cook over medium to medium-low heat until the sauce has reduced down by about 1/2 to 2/3 and has slightly thickened, about 4-5 more minutes.
Remove from heat and serve alongside your favorite rice or cauliflower rice. Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Be sure you are cutting the flank steak against the grain. This means cutting it in the same direction the muscle fibers run.
- If you are buying already trimmed florets, purchase 1 pound. If you are buying broccoli crowns, be sure you have 1 pound after you cut them into florets (this will roughly be 4-5 crowns depending on their size.)
Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 1086mg | Potassium: 700mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Calcium: 78mg