One Pan Creamy Garlic Chicken
This one pan creamy garlic chicken is going to become your new favorite quick and easy meal. It comes together in under 30 minutes and is made with creamy coconut milk, fresh garlic, sun dried tomatoes, and spinach. It is gluten free, dairy free, paleo, low carb, and Whole30.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons avocado oil split in two
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless & skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1/3 cup bone broth or chicken broth
- 7 ounces sun dried tomatoes, in olive oil drained, SEE NOTES
- 8 garlic cloves minced
- 15 ounces canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 4 cups spinach lightly packed
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
Cut chicken thighs into 1 - 1 1/2" bite-size chunks. Transfer to a large bowl. Add half of the avocado oil, arrowroot, salt, and pepper. Give everything a nice stir and be sure it is evenly coated. Set aside.
Heat up a large skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes and add the oil. Let that heat through for another minute. Add chicken to the pan, and cook for 4-5 minutes each side until golden brown but not completely cooked through. Do so in a single layer (make sure you do not crowd the pan. You may need to cook in batches!) Transfer to a bowl or plate with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add the diced onion to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add 1 tablespoon of oil from the sun dried tomatoes and minced garlic. Cook for 1 minute, stirring often. Add broth to the pan, scraping from the bottom of the pan and stirring frequently. Cook until broth has reduced down by at least 50%.
Add sun-dried tomatoes to the pan. Fry for 2-3 minutes until quite fragrant and well combined, stirring occasionally.
Add coconut milk and nutritional yeast to the pan. Once the coconut milk has reached a boil, turn the heat down to medium-low. Add spinach to the pan and stir until slightly wilted, about 1 minute.
Add chicken back into the pan and sprinkle with seasoning. Stir frequently for another 7-10 minutes, letting all of the flavors marinade and allowing the chicken to cook all the way through. Season with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
Top off with fresh lemon wedges and chopped parsley.
- Drain the sun-dried tomatoes from the oil but save 1 tablespoon to cook with the dish.
- If you'd like to use shrimp instead of chicken, my recipe for that dish is here.
Calories: 459kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 992mg | Potassium: 1198mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Calcium: 82mg