Dairy Free Peppermint Hot Chocolate
This dairy free hot chocolate with peppermint is whipped up in just a few minutes with fabulous ingredients like cacao powder, coconut sugar, and peppermint extract. It's made with my dairy free hot chocolate mix, and it is also refined sugar free, and paleo.
Scoop 3 tablespoons of the mix into two large mugs. 6 tablespoons total for two drinks.
Add milk and peppermint extract into a medium saucepan. Heat over medium low until it comes to a simmer.
If you are using coconut milk powder in the mix, simply add 1 1/2 cups boiling water to the cup and whisk.
Pour mixture into the mug and give everything a really nice stir or whisk. I like to put everything into the blender so it gets even frothier.
Top off with homemade whipped cream if you'd like or serve plain. This can also be poured over ice and enjoyed cold.
- Make sure you purchase peppermint extract and not mint extract.
- This can be served cold. Simply pour it over ice after it's blended up.
- If you are making the hot chocolate mix and not using coconut milk powder, I recommend using 3 tablespoons of hot chocolate mix per 1 1/2 cups of non-dairy milk.
- 2 servings calls for 3 cups of non-dairy milk. Feel free to double or triple the recipe if you'd like.
- If you want something more luxurious, use half canned coconut milk and half filtered water.
Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 560mg | Potassium: 501mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 36g | Calcium: 541mg