Whole30 Paleo Tuna Salad
This Whole30 paleo tuna salad is creamy, full of delicious vegetables and the perfect Whole30 lunch. It'll also make a great on-the-go option if you need something quick and easy. Be sure to stuff this tuna salad into some avocado halves or even eat it by its lonesome: it's that good!
- 2 5-ounce cans wild caught tuna
- 5-6 tablespoons Homemade Paleo Mayonnaise depending on preference, see notes
- 1 Medjool date pitted
- 1 tablespoon Nature's Intent apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups red bell peppers finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets steamed
- 3/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
In a small bowl, add the Medjool date with enough hot water to cover it. Let it sit for 20 minutes and drain the water. Remove the pit from the date and place into a food processor or high-speed blender pitcher.
Add the mayonnaise and apple cider vinegar. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
Drain water from the cans of tuna and scoop into a large mixing bowl.
Add in vegetables and mix thoroughly. Stir in the seasonings. Taste for additional mayo / salt and pepper and stir again.
Serve inside halved avocados or eat it on its own. It's that good!
- I'd recommend starting with 5 tablespoons mayo and giving everything a nice stir. Taste and add more if you'd like it creamier. I like to use about 6 tablespoons total.
- Be sure you are buying a high-quality canned tuna that is sustainable and wild-caught if you can.
- Make the homemade paleo mayonnaise. Once you do, you'll never grab anything from the store again.
- Steam the broccoli as you chop the bell peppers and onion to reduce total prep time.
- Store the remaining mayo in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
- Use a fork or potato masher to break apart the canned tuna in the bowl.
- The tuna salad can be made in advance. Store it in the fridge and spoon into the avocado halves just before serving.
Calories: 327kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 647mg | Potassium: 358mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g