Today, there were feelings of adventure trying to burst out of my brain. Seriously. Fall was here, and I wanted to bring you all some interesting flavor combinations. I have made french toast many times before, yeah. I would usually top it off with some butter and whipped cream though. Pomegranate seeds-- they are delicious to snack on or top off a smoothie with right? They are also really easy to make a french toast sauce out of. I thought what better way to incorporate pomegranate seeds than with coconut and some dates- to sweeten them up a bit. Oh, and the vanilla bean? You won't regret it. Incorporating vanilla bean into your baked goods is one of the smartest decisions you will make in the kitchen.
French toast may be delicious, but how do you get yourself into a state of movement after eating a stack? It's really difficult usually, I do admit. French toast can be very high in sugar content and lay very heavy in our bellies. This can't be true if I make a grain free loaf of bread, can it? You're right- it can't. This loaf of bread I created is so light and fluffy, and I was able to share this whole french toast plate with my boyfriend. Were we eager to hit to the gym or go to the track immediately after we finished? No, of course not. But we were able to remain high functioning members of society, without grueling stomach aches and feelings of guilt. Great success? I think so!
Vanilla Bean French Toast
- 2 vanilla bean pods
- 4 eggs
- 1 can coconut milk place in the fridge overnight
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Combine the dry ingredients for the bread mixture in a food processor.
- Slowly add in your wet ingredients and combine thoroughly
- Pour your bread mixture into a parchment lined or coconut oil greased loaf pan
- Bake for 25-35 minutes. Wait until the top is looking golden brown, and a toothpick will come out clean from the center. Let cool for at least 30 minutes, and cut the bread loaf into slices.
- Scoop the creamy topping that has separated in the can of coconut milk and heat it up to a warm temperature.
- Whisk together the eggs, coconut cream, and the extracted vanilla beans.
- Blend together the dates, pomegranate seeds, maple syrup and coconut milk.
- Soak each piece of bread in the egg mixture and throw it on a griddle or large pan at medium heat. Let each side cook until golden brown.
- Drizzle the pomegranate sauce over the french toast.
Hi! I’m Monica – recipe developer, matcha addict and lover of all things chocolate, kombucha and any & all puns. I am also the blogger, real food lover, & bonafide hustler behind the blog ‘The Movement Menu.’ I’m so excited to welcome you to my happy space, where my appreciation of creative recipes and healthy & mindful eats come together to inspire you to live a healthy, balanced life.