I grew up eating lots and lots of pork. Despite all of the jokes you can throw my way about failing to keep “Kosher”, I’m a very happy Jew with my breakfast filled with bacon and sausages. My body responds well to animal fat, so there is no reason for me to resist. I wanted to make some spiraled pasta with my nifty and new kitchen gadget: here it is!
It’s about time I attempted to make some meatballs anyways. What else would I put atop these awesome zucchini noodles? Well, I’m sure there are a million things I could serve them with, but the most obvious choice for me was meatballs. I wanted to incorporate some sweetness because one of my favorite breakfast foods is apple chicken sausage. Since I am babbling on about pork though, I will be omitting the chicken and replacing it with some pig, wink wink. If you’d like, you can turn these into patties as well. I just love meatballs, bada boom.
Sweet Apple Pork Meatballs
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. You will most likely need more than one if you are going to use the entire 2 1/2 pounds.
- Combine all of your spices into a large bowl.
- Add in the ground pork. Using your hands, spread the spices onto all of the meat. Then, you can add in the diced apples and combine thoroughly.
- Create 30-40 meatballs (about 1-oz each). Spread them evenly on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs in the oven for 25-30 minutes until they appear golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite side dish. I prepared mine with zoodles (spiraled zucchini pasta.) Enjoy!