The best paleo mayo in 1 minute- say what? With the right ingredients and tools in hand, you’ll be well on your way to creating the most perfect paleo mayo ever!
A paleo mayonnaise recipe that’s a real winner!
Immersion blenders are AMAZING- I always use them when I’m making soups and stews, too- so convenient. Plus the cleanup is minimal: all you will need to wash is the blade of the blender (which detaches from the stick part!)
Why am I even making this paleo mayo recipe? Well, I started a Whole30 on Monday, and I have taken over the Whole30 Recipes Instagram page for the week.
There, I am sharing my best practices while Whole30’ing, recipes, and tips and tricks I have while grocery shopping, prepping food, etc.
One of my biggest secrets/tips would be to have a jar of this stuff in the refrigerator at all times. It’s so dang versatile, and you’re going to need all of those healthy fats during your journey!
Why is this paleo mayo recipe so awesome?
What’s the deal with paleo mayo? Why is it all the rage? Before trying this mayo, I was unsold on ever being able to like mayonnaise.
Kraft mayo from the store- no, thank you. The taste comparison is incredibly different, and I’d never find myself dipping vegetables and homemade roasted potatoes in a bottle of Kraft mayonnaise.
However, I find myself slathering this goodness all over everything: I’m talking about scrambled eggs, roasted vegetables, chicken, etc.
The customization options are truly endless and you get to control how acidic or salty your mayonnaise tastes! Make it your own.
Sure, you can buy some awesome brands that are Whole30 compliant like Primal Kitchen Foods, but homemade paleo mayo is really quick and easy to whip up when you’re pressed for time and can’t run to the store or wait for your order to be shipped to you.
You don’t need much and chances are, you’ll have the majority if not all of these ingredients already in your pantry!
I love mixing in different spices like: curry powder, some cayenne, garlic powder or turmeric into my homemade mayos! The possibilities and flavor combinations are endless. Pair it with your breakfast scramble, grilled meat & vegetables or use it as a dip!
What’s awesome about this paleo mayo is that it can be used as the base in many other dips and aiolis.
Check out some recipes you can use it for below:
Paleo MayoThe best paleo mayo in 1 minute- say what? With the right ingredients and tools in hand, you’ll be well on your way to creating the most perfect paleo mayo ever!
It's very important for the egg to be at room temperature in order to help with emulsification!
Make sure your glass jar / container is narrow.
The mayonnaise will continue to thicken as it sets in the refrigerator overnight!
- In a tall and NARROW glass jar, pour in the avocado oil.
- Add egg to the oil. Add mustard and water to the mixture.
- Let all of the ingredients settle for 1 minute.
- Take the immersion blender and let it touch the bottom of the container, piercing the egg yolk completely.
- Turn the immersion blender on and leave it on the bottom for about 20-30 seconds, until the whole bottom has turned whit in color.
- Very slowly lift it up to continue emulsifying. This process should take anywhere between 30 seconds to 1 minute. Continue blending until the mixture has thickened to your desired amount.
- Stir in the salt and gently fold in the lemon juice. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days. The mayonnaise will continue to thicken as it sets in the refrigerator overnight!