Easy paleo pancakes? Please count me in! These fluffy paleo pancakes only take 5 minutes to prepare and have such a short ingredient list. They are perfect for breakfast or a midnight snack. Delicious and nutritious!
Now, I don’t always make pancakes but when I do, I make sure they are healthy, nutritious and delicious easy paleo pancakes! These pancakes could be the greatest breakfast in bed recipe I have ever created.
Why do I say breakfast in bed? Well, I feel like when you are eating breakfast in bed, it has to be something you want to eat slowly and savor as long as possible.
Breakfast in bed is not to be had when you are in a hurry; generally, it’s something we like to partake in on the weekends or during special occasions.
I have been known to surprise a few special people in my life with breakfast in bed on their birthdays because let’s face it: there is nothing better than waking up in the morning with delicious food waiting for you.
This is especially true if that food is within arm’s reach, am I right?
The inspiration for this recipe came to me from one of my best friends: Rosie. Rosie is my go-to gal for all things food related. We originally bonded back in high school over our love for two things: food and music.
Whenever I am toying around with recipe ideas or how have some food pornography photos I want to send to someone, she is my #1 pick. She came to me late last week requesting a breakfast in bed recipe for Valentine’s Day.
I immediately thought to make these pancakes, and I hope I have pleased her with my creation ????
It’s no secret that I am a huge chia seed lover. No, I don’t think chia seeds are tiny magical unicorns like a lot of people claim them to be, but boy are they a fun addition to shakes & smoothies, breakfast items & baked goods.
Have you tried my recipe for Apple Cinnamon Chia Pudding? It’s one of my most popular to date!
Oh, I’ve even created a Post Workout Green Smoothie that includes chia seeds in the recipe.
Why am I so into these tiny seeded friends? Well for starters, chia seeds are:
- High in Omega-3 fatty acids
- Deliver a massive amount of nutrients, i.e. fiber, protein, manganese, magnesium, etc.
- Full of antioxidants
There really is no reason NOT to include them in your diet, which is why I chose to include them in these fluffy chia pancakes.
If you haven’t tried chia seeds before, it’s pretty much similar to having poppyseeds in your pancakes but with more nutrients!
I need to mention that inspiration for these easy paleo pancakes came from Juli Bauer over at PaleOMG! She made some beautiful Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes the other day that I knew I wanted to tweak!
What’s super fun about making pancakes like these, is you can get as creative as you’d like with the fix-ins and toppings!
I chose to top my chia pancakes off with some organic creme fraiche, infused local raw honey, fresh raspberries, pistachios and extra chia seeds!
The possibilities are endless though– you can use whatever fruit you’d like that’s in season!
- 3 eggs whisked
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cashew milk or coconut milk, for nut free version
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 lime juiced & zested
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ghee or coconut oil, for greasing the pan
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
- In a large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: eggs, cashew milk, maple syrup, vanilla, lime zest and juice.
- While continuously whisking, add the coconut flour, arrowroot flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt to the bowl. Whisk until the batter looks well combined and smooth. Fold in the chia seeds.
- Grease a large pan and place on the stove over medium heat. Once pan is hot, use a large ladle or ice cream scoop to pour each pancake. The batter should make about 8 pancakes, depending on how big you make them. Once each pancake begins to bubble, flip to cook on other side. They should cook in roughly 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Top with your favorite fix-ins and toppings & ENJOY!