Last updated on April 26th, 2018
These crispy to the root chicken thighs are one of the best one pan meals you’ll ever make. Quick and easy to make, delicious to eat and 100% paleo!
What’s also extremely calming: how easy this dish is to make. I was able to fit everything into one baking pan and it should last for about four meals.
I always get super excited creating low maintenance but delicious meals because that means I get to refocus my energy towards the rest of the tasks I have waiting for me that day.
Hello, priorities: yummy food that’s easy to make. Shouldn’t that be everyone’s number one priority? Set it and forget it, baby!
Crispy to the ROOT Chicken Thighs
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 60 minutes
- 2 1/2 pounds bone-in skin-on chicken thighs, about 6-8
- 5-6 carrots cut into 1/2" pieces
- 4 white sweet potatoes cut into quarters or halves
- 1 yellow onion cut into quarters
- 20 garlic cloves whole
- 3 1/2 tablespoons avocado oil or ghee melt the ghee if using
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme roughly chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Wash the carrots and white sweet potatoes well and pat dry with a paper towel. Chop into quarters and transfer to the parchment lined baking sheet. Add the onion and garlic cloves; scatter them all around evenly.
- Rinse the chicken under cold running water and pat as dry as you can with paper towels.
- Spread the chicken thighs on top of the vegetables, leaving a few inches between them.
- Drizzle with oil and using a brush, be sure each chicken thigh surface is completely covered with it.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs, salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your chicken thighs. Cook until the internal temperature of the chicken reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit. This will take roughly 1 hour - 1 hour, 20 minutes. About 7-10 minutes before the chicken is ready, go ahead and stick it under the broiler. That'll crisp up the skin perfectly. Be sure to turn the pan 180 degrees half way through!
- Remove everything from the oven and serve right away!