Yes, I dub this to be a sorbet. Because of the texture. No, there is no dairy, refined sugar, fruit juice or eggs in this recipe.
There is not much to say about this delight I made. I absolutely love going to the Asian Market. Thank goodness I have a Vietnamese fiance, seriously. I don’t know if I ever would have wandered into places like Mitsuwa, H Mart, 99 Ranch Market, etc. if it weren’t for him. All of these grocery stores and markets are where I have found: Aroy-D Coconut Cream. Let me tell you, each time I use it, I re-count my fortunes. This stuff is the best. I use this brand of coconut products for anything from curries and stews to making ice cream. No, I am not a promoter or sales representative for their company. Yes, I feel that inclined to tell you how magical their products are. Skip the paycheck, just give me a lifetime supply!
I know I tend to get a little carried away in some of my posts. You are scrolling down just trying to get to the ingredient list. BUT IT KEEPS ME HONEST… and accountable. By writing my thoughts out before hammering out the photo editing, I am able to paint you all a picture of what went on inside my head before I ate three bowls. No, but seriously. I like sharing my thoughts with you, and of course it is my hope that you skim through my rambling words. If not, the fact you are going to attempt to recreate my creation, brings me enough smiles and blushes as is.
Either way, it’s almost halfway to summer. So, don’t hold back. I know we all are gearing towards our reachable summer bod goals. I also know how much I enjoy the simple things in life. I don’t let my goals distract me from enjoying myself once in a while. In a big pile of chocolate sorbet. With my feet up and my pants unzipped. Yep, I went there.
Creamy Coffee n Chocolate Sorbet
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 1 can full fat coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight
- 2 tablespoons Grade B maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons espresso powder or decaf instant coffee
- 3 tablespoons organic unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
- Make sure your ice cream maker has been sitting in the freezer for at least 72 hours before using it.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend until everything is very well incorporated.
- Turn on your ice cream maker, and slowly pour in the mixture.
- Churn for 15-20 minutes, or until it reaches the desired consistency of YOUR choice 🙂