Last updated on February 23rd, 2018
I am beyond lucky and EXCITED to share one of my FAVORITE recipes with you from The Paleo Kitchen: Cinnamon Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread. We’ve got a winner here for: breakfast in bed, a mid-afternoon snack, right after a workout, or whenever you want to throw your taste buds a party.
Regardless if you are a 100% Paleo eater or just really love delicious food that is easy to make, I am positive this book will be just what you need to add to your kitchen. The Paleo Kitchen includes over 100 brand new recipes, all created by the brilliant minds of: Juli Bauer of PaleOMG and George Bryant of Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations. Here is a short sneak peak LIST of some of their included masterpieces:
Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Frozen Blueberry Cheesecake
Spaghetti Squash Chicken Fritters
Twice Baked Stuffed Butternut Squash
Biscuits & Gravy
Asian Cabbage Slaw Pork Burgers
Creamy Seafood Risotto
Bacon Lime Sweet Potato Salad
Orange Cream Smoothie
… okay, okay. I think you catch my gist. As I already mentioned, this is just a snippet of all of the amazingness that comes inside The Paleo Kitchen. I got to witness, first hand, how much passion and creativity both George and Juli contributed to their cookbook. I can’t even count how many hours I spent working with George, pretty much as an open ear. It was an incredible opportunity to be a part of the creation of this cookbook. I was able to deliver feedback, provide an eye and an ear (lucky for me, sometimes a mouth as well) and be as supportive as possible during the process. Creating over 100 insanely delectable recipes in the short time span of one year isn’t easy. Not to mention, a bigger challenge comes to play since Juli and George do not live in the same state! BUT THEY DID IT! And they executed everything flawlessly. I am so proud of the both of them, and I am so excited to hammer out every single recipe in the book.
Not only does the cookbook include paleo recipes. You are provided with over 60 pages of:
Grocery shopping guides
How to create a makeover for your kitchen
Lists of helpful kitchen tools and gadgets
How to cook smarter
… and more!
The Paleo Kitchen is still available for pre-order and will be released on June 10th. Until then, please enjoy this sneak peek I have for you: Cinnamon Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread (say that 10 times, fast!)
Cinnamon Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
- For the banana bread:
- 4 medium bananas about 1 pound/455 grams
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup grass fed butter melted, 1/2 stick/50 grams
- 1/2 cup almond butter 125 grams
- 1/2 cup coconut flour 60 grams
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- For the swirl:
- 2 tablespoons grass fed butter
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips 3 1/2 ounces/100 grams
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-by-5-inch (23-by-12-cm) metal loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Combine the bananas, eggs, butter, and almond butter in a food processor or mixing bowl and mix well until the ingredients are well blended. Add the coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and salt and mix together well.
- In a double boiler over medium-low heat, mix together the swirl ingredients until the chocolate has melted.
- Pour the bread batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly. As soon as you pour the batter, pour the chocolate swirl directly on top and use a knife to swirl the chocolate throughout the loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 15 minutes before serving.