ATTENTION! ATTENTION: This right here is the Buffalo Chicken Casserole from THE Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook. Can you believe how gorgeous it is? Yeah, me neither. Oh, and instead of keeping both copies of this gorgeous cookbook, I have decided I should probably giveaway a copy like I am supposed to. Yes, I’m playing nice even though I really, really want to keep both just in case something were to happen to the other copy. No, I’m not being ridiculous– this cookbook is seriously pure gold.
I’m sure it’s old news that Juli Bauer of PaleOMG is a freaking genius. But just in case there is a handful of you who may have been living under a large boulder the past several years, I thought I’d bestow some knowledge on you. Juli is awesome. She is hilarious, she’s witty and she knows how to make it happen in the kitchen. Oh, and did I mention that I want to steal her wardrobe and her dog? Good thing she lives far away or we’d have a real problem here… ! Everything we love about Juli comes together in her new cookbook: Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook… ! Her sense of style through fashion and food styling comes through on every page, and her love for cooking is apparent throughout the entire cookbook. It’s a joy to flip through and see what’s coming up next… seriously, this thing is a page-turner! It’s no wonder this cookbook has turned out so amazing since Juli had enlisted the help of Bill and Hayley of Primal Palate to help her photograph. It’s like the Paleo world’s biggest superheroes have teamed up and created a masterpiece… they have saved the world. I sound like a clown I know, it may sound like i’m over exaggerating, but as soon as you pick a copy of this gem, you’ll smell exactly what I’m stepping in.
Juli mentions in her book that this recipe is incredibly versatile. It was actually inspired by one of her most popular recipes on her blog: Spaghetti Pizza Pie. You can take the base of this recipe and create many different casseroles with it. Oh, do you guys like giveaways? I am giving away a copy of this cookbook on INSTAGRAM. The giveaway begins tomorrow morning, August 19th at 10am PST and ends on Friday, August 21st so be sure to check out my Instagram page for all the rules (@movementmenu).
Okay, scroll down. I am SHARING the recipe for this glorious Buffalo Chicken Casserole with you. You can order Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook on Amazon NOW!
Buffalo Chicken Casserole from Juli Bauer's Paleo Cookbook
- 1 medium spaghetti squash about 2 1/2 pounds
- 4 tablespoons butter, ghee or coconut oil divided into two servings
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion minced
- 1 small red bell pepper diced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise homemade or store bought - Sir Kensington's or Primal Kitchen Foods are great brands
- 3 large eggs whisked
- sliced avocado for garnish
|Cook Time||110 minutes|
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
I served this with extra sliced avocado and chopped green onions. Yum!
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Place the squash cut-side down on a baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the skin gives when you press your finger to it. Remove the squash from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 350 F.
- Grease a dutch oven or an 8-inch square glass baking dish with 2 Tbsp of the butter (or ghee/coconut oil).
- Let the squash cool for 5 minutes, remove the seeds, and then use a fork to remove the threads and place them in the greased baking dish.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt the remaining 2 Tbsp of butter (or ghee/coconut oil). Add the garlic, carrot, celery, onion, and bell pepper and cook for about 10 minutes, until the onion is translucent. Add the ground chicken, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and cook, using a wooden spatula to break up the chicken into small pieces, until the chicken is no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, then add the hot sauce and mayo and mix well to combine.
- Add the chicken mixture to the baking dish and mix well with the squash threads. Add the whisked eggs and mix everything together until you can no longer see the eggs.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the top forms a slight crust that doesn't give when you press it in the middle. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with chopped scallion and avocado slices.