Last updated on September 21st, 2019
Everything looks cuter and tastier when it’s a mini-me, no? Especially mini cobblers. Come on. I have had a 5-pound bag of frozen blueberries from Costco sitting in my freezer for months, and I decided it was time to clear it out. These completely gluten free and grain free cobblers were so easy to whip up, I am worried I’ll be making them on a regular basis but not seeing much of them soon after. They disappear so quickly at my house, and although I don’t have a huge sweet tooth, it makes me smile knowing I have some healthy treats waiting for me in my freezer if I want one.
The inspiration for these little cobblers came to me from Pinterest— anyone surprised here? I have recently been Pinning like crazy, looking at beautiful food photography from some of my favorite bloggers and some new blogs I have stumbled across. It literally blows my mind to see how creative people can be when it comes to food styling. I am slowly but surely kicking my behind into gear and trying to do my best. Food photography has never been something that has come easy for me, whereas creating recipes and writing about them excites me. It really does. We can’t have it all, right? I am getting better, and that’s all I ask of myself 🙂
Without too many more musings of mine, I’d recommend you get crackin’ on these things. As I mentioned, they disappear so quickly at my house and although the same can be said about almost everything that I make (my guy is an eating machine), I noticed that these made their way into his stomach even quicker than usual. I know berries aren’t in season right now, but frozen blueberries will do. Or whatever frozen berries you can find. I’m just a huge blueberry advocate, since I also love adding them to my hemp protein shakes after I get a workout in. Oh, and it wouldn’t be fair if you didn’t top these off with some homemade vanilla ice cream. When you are ready to serve them, I’d throw them in the oven for a few minutes to slightly heat them up and scoop a nice, big dollop of that ice cream on top. There will be nothing better… !
Mini Berry Cobblers
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour +2,5 tbsps
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons ghee or grassfed butter chilled and cut into bits
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, mix together almond flour, coconut sugar, spices, and baking powder Add the butter chunks, and using your hands, break the butter down into the dry ingredients. You will want the butter chunks to resemble the size of peas. Then, break your egg into the mixture and add the vanilla extract. Continue mixing with your hands until well incorporated. Set this aside.
- In another small bowl, mix together these filling ingredients: the almond flour, lemon zest, and coconut sugar.
- In 6-8 ramekins (depending on the size you have), divide the blueberries evenly into the bottom (fill them about 2/3 of the way full).
- Spoon the crumble mixture on top of the blueberries ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP!!!
- Then, using your fingers, add the mixture of almond flour, lemon zest and coconut sugar on to the top of each cobbler. It's okay if they seem to be overflowing with the blueberries. This may actually be the key to their success 😉
- Arrange the ramekins on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the tops look golden brown. Keep a close eye on them, as they can burn quickly.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly. Now, top them off with your favorite vanilla ice cream!!!!
Hi! I’m Monica – recipe developer, matcha addict and lover of all things chocolate, kombucha and any & all puns. I am also the blogger, real food lover, & bonafide hustler behind the blog ‘The Movement Menu.’ I’m so excited to welcome you to my happy space, where my appreciation of creative recipes and healthy & mindful eats come together to inspire you to live a healthy, balanced life.