Creamy Whole30 Potato Salad
Creamy Whole30 Potato Salad. With delicious add-ins like crunchy bacon bits, fresh herbs and boiled eggs, it’s fan-freaking-tastic! Creamy, tangy and makes the perfect side dish.
The first day of Summer is near, so it’s obviously time to start busting out all of the refreshing recipes like this Creamy Whole30 Potato Salad.
I was thinking though… why is it that we can only eat potato salad in the summer? And bring it to barbecues and potlucks? This is straight silliness. I am going to be making this potato salad with my Homemade Paleo Mayonnaise over and over again all fall and winter long.
You’ll understand why as soon as you try it. Let’s dive in…
BACON on DECK
When I originally made this recipe, I didn’t include all of the delicious add-ins: bacon and hardboiled eggs. Boy, did it make a difference. At first, I wanted to keep this recipe extremely simple and easy. Lucky for you, adding these things didn’t make it any more difficult… it just heightened how delicious it tasted.
You can absolutely leave the bacon and eggs out, too if that’s your style.
This recipe is pretty dang forgiving, but make sure you get on that homemade mayo train. You’ll never look back!
I used red potatoes because they are my favorite in taste.
You can however make this recipe with sweet potato, russet, or fingerling– it’s your call! Oh, and making Paleo Mayonnaise is the easiest thing in the world to make, especially if you have an immersion blender handy.
I think we’re going to be going to Portland for my birthday. It’s at the end of July and last year, we didn’t do anything extravagant. We were struggling to decide whether or not we wanted to go out of town since we’ll be going to Italy just 5 weeks later. We came to the conclusion that we’ll be having children soon and making quick, celebratory trips like this won’t be easy once that happens.
So, why not? I’ve been dying to check out their food scene for years. We’ve also been told that the Oregon coastline is one of the most beautiful things to experience in the U.S. so that’s pretty dang exciting.
I’ll obviously be documenting all along the way over on Instagram and most likely going on and on about how delicious everything was in a couple of blog posts, once I return 🙂
It’s going to be filled with recipes of: Cookies, Brownies & Bars
and don’t worry,
I’ll be sharing some teaser photos (and maybe a recipe or two) in the next couple of weeks. We can’t wait to share the hard work we’ve put in to making this fantastic and delicious ebook for you guys!
Back to this delicious Creamy Whole30 Potato Salad.
I know you’re going to love it. It’s the perfect Whole30 side dish to kickoff the Summer season.
In fact, I think it would be pair very nicely with:
You try it out and let me know 😉
There’s no time to waste. Summer is practically here, and you need this Creamy Whole30 Potato Salad in your life… and in your belly.
Be sure to whip some up and let me know what you think!
- 2 1/2 pounds red potatoes scrubbed and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley lightly packed & finely chopped
- 3/4 cup yellow onion finely diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup Homemade Paleo Mayonnaise
- 6 bacon strips cooked & diced
- 4 hardboiled eggs diced
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine chopped potatoes and sea salt. Cover with water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until potatoes are easily pierced by a fork and you are able to pull out with little resistance. This should take 5-7 minutes.
- Drain the water and move the potatoes to a large bowl. Place in the refrigerator to cool for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Once the potatoes have cooled, add parsley, onion, lemon juice and mustard. Give it a nice toss.
- Gently add in the mayonnaise, bacon and eggs. Give it a nice stir. Add black pepper and more sea salt, to taste if necessary. Serve cold.
Creamy Whole30 Potato Salad
Amount Per Serving
Calories 344 Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21g 32%
Saturated Fat 4g 20%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.4g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Cholesterol 133mg 44%
Sodium 361mg 15%
Potassium 844mg 24%
Total Carbohydrates 31g 10%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Protein 11g 22%
Vitamin A 3%
Vitamin C 32%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.