Fried Cauliflower Rice with Trader Joe’s
I’ve taken the most popular new ingredient at Trader Joe’s: Riced Cauliflower and turned it into the most easy, healthy & delicious Fried Cauliflower Rice recipe ever… woo hoo!
Cauliflower rice is the new sliced bread. Do you want to learn how to make fried cauliflower rice at home? Without the mess? What if I told you it was SUPER easy and delicious, with a little help of our friendly neighborhood grocer: Trader Joe’s? Has the word spread about how convenient and delicious Trader Joe’s Riced Cauliflower is?! I am a huge, huge fan of cauliflower rice but not a fan of the mess I am capable of making during preparation. Usually, I just suck it up and embrace the mess since I love cauliflower so much. Not really though, most of the time I end up cussing under my breath while trying to catch the flying bits of cauliflower in the air.
In all seriousness though, I love working with cauliflower because it is such a versatile ingredient. I’ve roasted it whole in the oven, turned it into a puree/mash and most importantly, transformed it into some incredible fried “rice”.
What I love about making fried cauliflower rice the most is how versatile it is. You can use it in so many different ways, and it pretty much takes on all of the flavor(s) you’re adding to it!
This recipe has all of the umami and deliciousness in the world thanks to the fish sauce and unique combination of herbs and spices. I dare you to make this dish as soon as you possibly can. You’ll be a cauliflower rice believer in no time!
Now, I absolutely love white rice. I eat it frequently because frankly, I need the carbs, I love the taste, and my husband is Vietnamese. If I became opposed to eating rice, chances are I would be thrown off the family tree. It is my goal to invite my in-laws over some day soon and trick them into thinking this cauliflower fried rice is indeed real fried rice. I will be sure to keep you updated when this happens.
You can really dress up this fried cauliflower rice with your favorite vegetables. I like to keep it pretty simple since the base of the cauliflower rice IS a vegetable. However, make it your own however you’d like! If you do come up with an interesting combination, I would love to hear about it. In the mean time, enjoy this recipe and try to follow my lead in tricking friends and family members!
- 1/4 cup ghee or coconut oil, split in two
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 6-8 cloves garlic
- 2 bags Trader Joe's Riced Cauliflower or 2 heads of cauliflower, riced
- 1 teaspoon dried shallots or onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar I love using Bragg's!
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce omit for vegan version
- more sea salt and pepper to taste
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
- Heat a large saute pan on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Heat up 2 tablespoons of the ghee in the frying pan.
- Add diced onions and cook until translucent. Add garlic cloves and cook for another 30 seconds- until fragrant.
- Add in the rest of the ghee and bags of riced cauliflower. Carefully break down the cauliflower with a wooden spoon or spatula. Cook the rice until it looks soft and tender. This can take anywhere between 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the spices until well combined. Stir in coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, and fish sauce. Cook on medium-high heat until the cauliflower rice reaches your desired doneness (this took me another 7-10 minutes!)
- Serve with your favorite meat, fish or with eggs for breakfast!
Fried Cauliflower Rice with Trader Joe's
Amount Per Serving
Calories 170 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14g 22%
Saturated Fat 9g 45%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Cholesterol 35mg 12%
Sodium 371mg 15%
Potassium 370mg 11%
Total Carbohydrates 9g 3%
Dietary Fiber 6g 24%
Protein 3g 6%
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 103%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.